Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spring Break 80's band - Wedding

• 04-08-2009 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know how much these guys would be for a wedding?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

try weddings-online

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Teasey

My friend had them for her wedding a couple of months ago and as far as i know they were SUPER expensive. Something crazy like €4k!!!! :eek:

They were brilliant, by far the best craic we've ever had at a wedding. But you definitely pay big money to get them....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 andrew11

Hi,

Spring Break's prices start at €2800 for a Summer weekend wedding but can offer a much reduced fee for out of season weddings or Sunday to Wednesday. You can contact them at springbreak80s@gmail.com

line6nut wrote: »
    HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about extortionate!!!

i know a great 4 piece band that cover 3 hours music plus disco for under 2K!!!

i can send you details if you want

4 piece band €2000. 7 piece band €2800. Where's the extortion? Springbreak play 140 gigs a year so obviously enough people think they're getting good value for money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

andrew11 wrote: »
    4 piece band €2000. 7 piece band €2800. Where's the extortion? Springbreak play 140 gigs a year so obviously enough people think they're getting good value for money
    It's perfectly ok to defend your own band from silly comments but doing it under the impression you are not affiliated is a bit cloak n dagger tbh.
    andre11 wrote:
    Hi,

Spring Break's prices start at €2800 for a Summer weekend wedding but can offer a much reduced fee for out of season weddings or Sunday to Wednesday. You can contact them at springbreak80s@gmail.com
    andrew11 wrote:
    We play a specific type of music from a certain era and we always get everyone up on the floor.

• Advertisement

Hi Savman,

Yes I am affiliated with the band but didn't wish to say so as I've no interest in trying to getting in to a discussion on the band as a representative. I didn't mean to mislead anyone and turn this forum in to a house of lies! I keep an eye on these forums not to promote our band but to correct any misconceptions, usually about prices. I'm not going to tell anyone how good bad or indifferent we are.

Hi Linenut6. Extortion is the illegal theft of money under the threat of violence or other harm. I've no idea who the Conquerers or Niall Connell are and I'm sure they're great but like us I imagine they set their prices according to demand. With regards to bands raising their prices for weddings, I agree that it's an unfair practice but we actually charge less for weddings than we do for corporate work.

Hi line6nut

We wouldn't play in a pub as a four piece as we play 1200 capacity sold out public shows several times a year. And there are 7 of us. We can't actually take on any more work than we already have and are practically booked solid for the next 18 months. One thing you are right about is that ultimately the customer decides our price, as soon as we stop getting work we will lower our prices.

Andrew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Disclaimer - Depped in Spring Break a few times

Just to say that Spring Break are well worth every cent they charge. The band are world class and not some "15 hours of Galway Girl" ****e.

What wedding band can consistently sell out the Button Factory off their own bat gig after gig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

I tried to book them for a wedding but unfortunately they didn’t have the date in August 2010 :( I only dealt with them over email, but they were very prompt in replying and very helpful.

Looks to me they ARE soaking in the dollars with all the gigs they have played and booked. Fair play to them. I haven’t seen them myself but all my mates said they were a blast and great fun.

If I was in the same position I would be charging the same prices. If people want them at parties or weddings then they will pay for their service. If they can’t afford it, then go with another band, simple as that.

Best of luck to them...

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

the fact is............. 15 hours of Galway Girl Sh**e WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a silly statement. If you have no taste in music it works!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Evil-p

the fact is............. 15 hours of Galway Girl Sh**e WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regardless of soaking in the dollars, what you sow now you expect to reap in the future..................................................................................

That's BIBLE!!!!

Jasus, whether or not its true...............you sound like you begrudge springbreaks success.

I've seen them and they are fab and if i was getting married and i could afford it i'd book them! I'd rather have spring break at my wedding than flowers and a photographer cos at least people will definitely have fun!!

You pay for quality, its just the way it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Evil-p wrote: »
    begrudge
    I reckon so tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Truly it works in so far as selling vanilla ice cream works. You'll slee it en masse but you wont be able to charge a premium. Stick on some other flavours, a sparkling stick and some different twist (no ice cream expert but maybe some fruit and a bowl made of waffle?) and then you can charge a premium.

The old rope collection of songs will always get a band by but to take it up a notch for corporate shows, your own tribute nights and premium weddings then a bit of a USP is essential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

:

they are interested in the following.

Music they know (ABBA, Galway Girl etc)
    Having a laugh with family and friends.
    Keeping granny in the corner happy.

are we so focused on getting the top price for a product that we are neglecting the needs of the client!!

Well if these three are your criteria then Spring Break will do all that and more. I'm not affiliated, just a die-hard groupie!
    They are fupping awesome, loads of fun, and if you want your wedding's dance floor to be chock-full from the first chord to the last note, you won't find that anywhere else.

andrew11 wrote: »
    4 piece band €2000. 7 piece band €2800.

To avoid further confusion Spring Break do not come as a 4 piece. We are a full 7 piece band. I was comparing the price of a four piece band with our own price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭drumdrum

Whether you agree with Spring Breaks pricing system or not, thats totally your own issue. Demand dictates price and Spring Break are a fantastic band that could easily get a starting rate of €4k+ per wedding if they wanted.

The fact is, a wedding is the couples one special day where they want everything to go right and for everyone to enjoy it, from the church ceremony to the dinner to the reception where everyone is getting locked. The entertainment of the guests is a big issue as Ive been to a few weddings in my time and a bad band can really dampen a night. It wont ruin it completely per say, but lets just say that you can look back afterwards and wish you had gotten someone else.

Spring Break provide pretty much a 100% guaranteed good night for everyone as they play the right tunes that people will fondly reminisce of and enjoy. €2800 is actually a fairly small price to pay for the peace of mind that comes with it as with weddings and flustered brides and the whole shebang, making sure that the wedding band is actually decent will be the last thing on the bride and grooms mind until its too late.

Seriously, SB aren't some upstart band with an overinflated sense of self worth. They have put the work in over the years, they are all seasoned musicians and they are flawless when they're on. They are pure professional musicians and are lucky enough in this day and age to make a living from what they love to do and do best, and I say fair play to them!

Seriously, if you have a problem...if no one else can help...and if you can find them...maybe you can hire...The A- Te....I mean Spring Break! :D

(BTW, I am NOT affiliated with this band at all. I know the drummer as an acquaintance at best......great band though!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭cordragza

these 2 pages of publicity should ensure another 6 months of bookings!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

saw them in vicar street 23rd dec and they are savage , well worth every penny , class music and all acomplished muscians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭TygerKrash

Spring Break played my wedding last Friday.

They are an great band that just happen to play weddings. They were super easy to deal with, hard working ( they really flew through the tunes). More than just playing a few 80's anthems they give a real performance. Costumes! wind machines! and I swear they were in character the whole time.

If you think you might like something a little different from the usual wedding band fare and you want your guests dancing all night, just book them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Saw them at a wedding a few weeks back.

They are awesome..no doubt about it,they have a super stage prescence and a really good list of tracks..i've seen wedding bands before but they are something special.
    The dancefloor was full from the first to the last song,and at a wedding that aint no bad thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Im sorry

theres no way a wedding band is worth that amount of money

Thats disgusting

Im sorry

theres no way a wedding band is worth that amount of money

Thats disgusting

They're worth whatever people are willing to pay.

And given the fact that there's seven of them,they have costumes and a huge amount of equipment i wouldnt imagine they're exactly cleaning up when all the costs are paid off.

And remember a band can make or break the wedding party..i've seen dozens of dreary three pieces trotting out elvis songs and stuff by the beatles ad nauseaum..going through the motions with nothing to make them stand out.

Spring break are easily the best band i've seen at a wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

Spring Break Sold out THE TBMC and are beyond the stage of wedding band.

For what it's worth, I saw them at Electric Picnic, and it was one of the most fun 2 hours of my life.

Spring Break Sold out THE TBMC and are beyond the stage of wedding band.

For what it's worth, I saw them at Electric Picnic, and it was one of the most fun 2 hours of my life.

I'm off to see them in March at the Button Factory...if i hadnt seen them at the wedding i wouldnt be bothered

Advertisement