Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping issue

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

dinnerlady wrote: »
    The majority of carpark's now give fifteen minute's grace on parking to account for no change or short stays.

A word of warning - this is not strictly true in regards to WATERFORD.

My husband received a parking fine while he was going to the post office to get change.

He wrote a letter of appeal concerning the ticket, providing a copy of receipt from PO that exactly matched the timestamp of parking fine - thus proving they gave no grace period whatsoever. Waterford City Council refused the appeal. He then rang them, and they blatantly told him that they have no grace period when it comes to obtaining a ticket for your car, and that you must have change on you there and then for said ticket. Naturally my husband was pretty pi$$ed at their response, and refused to pay fine - he was eventually taken to court, and matter was dropped thanks to a solicitor friend that he bumped into at the courthouse.

...and they wonder why business is dropping in Waterford City Centre :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Amston

I'm in a very similar situation as the OP. When I closed my car door my ticket blew off my dashboard on to the passenger seat and I was clamped by NCPS...

I'm still trying to get my €125.00 back but they are having none of it.

I've explained that the ticket was visible from outside my car as I could see it on the seat as I walked back to my car that day.

NCPS have ticket holders that you stick to your windscreen which you can get from the ticket desk at the train stations. I wasn't aware that these existed until after my car was clamped (I spotted one on someone elses car). I really think they should have made these available to commuters i.e. handed them out to people or at least put up signs to let people know where you could get your hands on one.

Lastly their rules state that you cannot park outside of parking spaces, in yellow boxes etc. or you will be clamped. However, every day without fail I see people parking on the verges along the railings in yellow boxes and so on... I don't understand why these cars are not clamped as they are breaking the 'NCPS Rules' also....

It happened a couple of months ago and my blood still boils when I think about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 wtk2007

Amston wrote: »

NCPS have ticket holders that you stick to your windscreen which you can get from the ticket desk at the train stations. I wasn't aware that these existed until after my car was clamped (I spotted one on someone elses car). I really think they should have made these available to commuters i.e. handed them out to people or at least put up signs to let people know where you could get your hands on one.

Tickets should be "Credit Card" size and made from card just like train tickets! or self adhesive.
    2 inch squares of the thinnest thermal receipt paper wont stay on your dash board as I learned the hard way today at Maynooth Station. Its a money making scam! It must happen to hundreds of drivers!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

wtk2007 wrote: »
    Tickets should be "Credit Card" size and made from card just like train tickets! or self adhesive.
    2 inch squares of the thinnest thermal receipt paper wont stay on your dash board as I learned the hard way today at Maynooth Station. Its a money making scam! It must happen to hundreds of drivers!!!!

You want it made out of different material with sticky stuff on it?
    Then expect it to be that little bit more expensive to buy it.

Just secure it yourself, its not very hard to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

dnally1983 wrote: »
    Hello everybody,

I have a small group of people who have had similar issues with NCPS. We have received no response from NCPS in our request for a refund.

In each situation, there was inadequate signage highlighting the fact that clamping was in operation in the area. We have photographic evidence of this, along with our correspondance with NCPS.

We are now progressing to take NCPS to court to recoup the clamping fees unfairly levied upon us.

If anyone else wishes to be involved in this action, please can you e-mail david.nally@three.ie with your details & we will enter into discussion regarding the matter.

We are making our submission on 18/08/2009. Anyone wishing to join us will need to get their details in before close of business on 17/08/2009.

How did it go on monday ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Cabaal wrote: »
    Just secure it yourself, its not very hard to do...

Blu-tak on the dash would do it. Or just stick the ticket down between the window glass and the dash, that holds it in place for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 1635barry

I make it a point to never to take a ticket off the dash of my work van after i use one.so when the clampers come round looking for tickets theres probably about 200 on it.I just like to think it p$sses them off just a small bit checking all the dates and times.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

1635barry wrote: »
    I make it a point to never to take a ticket off the dash of my work van after i use one.so when the clampers come round looking for tickets theres probably about 200 on it.I just like to think it p$sses them off just a small bit checking all the dates and times.:D

and then you get one in a bad mood who claims he can't find it and gives you a fine - how do you prove it was visible :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

kida wrote: »
    and then you get one in a bad mood who claims he can't find it and gives you a fine - how do you prove it was visible :rolleyes:
    you take a picture of it between all the other tickets which will prove you are a regular payer, and it is then up to the clampers to prove it was not visible! do they take a picture of your vehicle to prove tickets are not visible?

Advertisement