Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New information for pistol holders

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Right thats it. I've the forms filled in (downloaded them), photos got. May forget the pulse id number and send them off. No point waiting to see FO. Only thing i needed clarification on was the pulse id number. You lads have convinced me to just get them done. Fingers crossed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

G17 wrote: »
    Eek indeed! Our club auth has no expiry date on the official doc, maybe that'd sneak us in!!

But what you're reckoning is they'll accept cert applications with an established club name, that'd be good.

Also because there's only a handful of clubs it won't (shouldn't) take that long really now that there's a 'push' on? Come down, see the range, poo poo the range, rebuild the range, certify the range, poo poo the club, set up the club, authorise the club, Pulse I.D.

Simple. :eek: :D
    I know this sounds strange, but that form is a combo club/range jobby and can be used for both. For current purposes it can only be used as a club authorisation form as the ranges SI is not commenced yet.

So you fill it out as such with your club hat on and not thinking about ranges at all, at all.

;)

Trés facile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Zaza74

Ok so if I can not attend the club for more than ones a month
    cause I'm too damn busy to work and paying taxes they will take my pistol away and I'm going to lose 900 euro I spend on it ?
    or will they compensate it some how ?

I spend that money when the low was not that strict and it is not my fault now they did change it now!

that is worse than ex USSR rules!
    they was always seeking for some alternatives for people who had stuff and had paid for them legally, they was not declaring them NON GRATA just cause some one decided to cut some spendings on garda and decided to Press people instead.

but they know talks won't go farther than boars so far :))
    so they know what they do :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Once a month was four times what I last heard of as being asked for.
    And no, there wouldn't be compensation, because you could still sell the firearm even if you can't licence it.

Sure... if you can sell it

With that DRAGON-RipOFF rules don't think there will be a loot of licensed people around to sell it.
    that is a clear ripoff

In my understanding government is coursing this troubles and they have to buy it from people who can not follow thsi new Rip-OFF rules!
    then they will think next time Twice till taking new changes....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Zaza, I get the fustration, but can you spend a few minutes formatting your posts a bit better please? They're a bit hard to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Think English might not be the first language ... oh wait - Irish is the first language in this state - allegedly;)

Zaza - I think I'm seeing your point... you've got a restricted firearm... won't be able to re-licence it without difficulty, won't be able to sell it as others won't be able to licence it.... therefore some rip-off merchant will offer peanuts for firearm and you will lose your original investment... have I got the flavour of your issue?

sorry for the top late answer Gent's

yes that was exactly my point fat-tony

so gov. had to buy them from people, using the standard market prices,
    Which obviously never happened :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

So whats the procedure now? If you never owned a pistol before, can you get one? Whats the biggest size (if you can get one!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If you've never owned a pistol before it means no centrefire pistols can be licensend and only a 5 shot .22 cal pistol can be sought.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement