Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rediculous Fixture Congestion

Options
  • 04-08-2009 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in 2014 in my Shel's game.

Qualified for the CL group stages and I'm still in all competitions and now the fixture pile up is rediculous. Between the 11th to the 17th of November I've 6 games. One a day :eek:

This ever happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I find that success in the LOI in Football manager brings serious fixture congestion especially if you progress in Europe. If your playing as Cork City, Waterford,Cobh or Limerick you also have the Munster Senior Cup to make things worse.

I've lost out league titles due to fixture congestion from tired players and injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Luckily enough I'm coasting away with the league, have ten games to play in 2 weeks. Only need one more point. I've an unbeaten run in the league that's now 45 games, I don't wanna lose it but it's gonna go cause of this fixture congestion. It's now 10 games in 10 days. Playing Drogs twice, only team I don't play is Rovers!!

Cork have signed Jason Koumas, Mark Kerr and Danny Gabbidon to name a few in my game:eek:

Boh's are getting crowds of 7500:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

anytime Ive qualified for the CL group stages I've always encountered fixture congestion, its a joke when you have to play a league game the night before a big tie against someone like Barca or Milan!! And low and behold I manage to hold out until the second half and then my players literally collapse and let in 2 or 3 goals in the last 30 minutes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

SantryRed wrote: »
    Luckily enough I'm coasting away with the league, have ten games to play in 2 weeks. Only need one more point. I've an unbeaten run in the league that's now 45 games, I don't wanna lose it but it's gonna go cause of this fixture congestion. It's now 10 games in 10 days. Playing Drogs twice, only team I don't play is Rovers!!

Cork have signed Jason Koumas, Mark Kerr and Danny Gabbidon to name a few in my game:eek:

Boh's are getting crowds of 7500:pac:

You think you've got it bad. Bohs are worth 30 million in my game while my Cork City are only worth 2.5 million.

If you only need one point to win the league you should be fine bar a disaster. You should try and rotate your squad to give some of the more tired players a rest.

10 games in 10 days is ridiculous though. Hopefully they may find a solution to this problem in future FM games because it can really mess up your season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Yeah happened with me with Drogheda United last year and cost me the League and possibly progress in Uefa Cup. I had so many games in hand over Cork but I just couldn't win a game and my squad was class.

• Advertisement
Advertisement