If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

37" lcd for around the e500 mark?

• 04-08-2009 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

I know my budget is a bit optimistic but maybe ye guys have something
    decent for the price, ex-display etc? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Sweetie

We I can offer you the Philips 37PFL5604H
    This is a Full HD, Pixel Plus HD Tv with the MPEG 4 tuner.

Full spec below
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl5604h_12/37pfl5604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

We have just reduced it to €659.99 (from €799.99!!) making us the cheapest folks for that set.

It IS a little over budget but it does make a great introduction to the world of Philips TV's. Our last batch came in last week and went out the down pretty quickly.

Have a look at the spec and let me know if that will do the job for you.

The Belfast boys may have something closer to your budget so it maybe worth while chatting with them.

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

Murphys electricial in Newry got us a 40" Plasma LG for £500 ster it was ex display but great job plus they installed and gave wall bracket from free!

Give them a try might have been a one off but cant hurt

Murphys DAC Newry

1Love

Jonny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hi,

I see the hitachi UT37MX70 looks lovely and is well reviewed however
    only one input (hdmi) would be an issue. what are my options regarding connecting my sky and xbox, both scart?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Sweetie.

The best value 37" that we can offer is the LG 37LH2000 which is £449.95. This is approx 530 Euro.

Details on the screen can be found here : http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/37lh2000/lg-37lh20starstar

This screen is a collect in-store only as they are short in supply but it is very good value for money.

The Hitachi panel (http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/hitachi/ut37mx70/hita-ut37mx70) is a good spec but please be aware that it does not have a tuner and is limited on connections.

I hope this helps but if you need anything else, drop us a line.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

...just spotted your second post.

There are very few options in terms of connecting scart devices to this panel. The only option is to get a scart to HDMI convertor or use an a/v receiver and go into the receiver with scart to s-video and then allow the receiver to convert it to HDMI.

I hope that makes sense, but if not drop me a number on a PM and I'll call to explain.

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.