Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Client having trouble sending mail with new Vodafone broadband

Options
  • 04-08-2009 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭

A client of ours has changed over to Vodafone broadband. They are having trouble sending sales data to their head office. Obviously the first thing I did was change the SMTP settings of the outgoing mail sender properties (they use our retail management software to do so).

I have changed their SMTP settings to smtp.vodafone.net, as other forums have suggested, but it fails to send. When I check our error log file, it states authentication failed. Is it possible that our client has received new authentication data that needs to be inputted? I have chaged over shops to Vodafone before and they worked as soon as the new smtp settings were entered!

Any info appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Is it not smtp.vodafone.ie? although authentication errors usually point to username/password issues or incorrect security (SSL) settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I'm using mail.vodafone.ie to send email whem i'm on vodafone broadband with a laptop and outlook.

Advertisement