Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless keeps dropping

• 04-08-2009 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, i'm using Mint Linux for a few weeks now, and i like it a lot, but i've noticed that the wireless drops on a fairly regular basis... I'll be doing something online (although nothing intensive) and then the thing will pop up in the corner telling me i've been disconnected... I have to manually reconnect by choosing the network and hitting connect...

I'm on eircom broadband if it matters, and when i use the wireless on the same laptop in the same location on windows there is no problem...

Is there something I could do to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

I can't tell you what might be wrong but one way to get info to debug it might be to use dmesg.

Try
    tail -f /var/log/dmesg

in a terminal (as root) and let it run. When your connection goes down press Ctrl-C and have a look through the last few entries. Post them up here for more help if it isnt' obvious.

On some systems you might need to use
    dmesg

instead of the above command.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Cool, i'll try that later tonight or tomorrow and report back... Cheers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

What kernel are you using? If you're using 2.6.31 there seems to be some wireless breakage:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=ubuntu+wireless+kernel+2.6.31&btnG=Search&meta=

I doubt you'd be using that though. Run the command

uname -r

it will tell you the kernel version.

Advertisement