Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Cork :-)

Options
  • 04-08-2009 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi:p
    Ok, I'm 18, moving to Cork in Sepetember! Going to Colaiste Stiofain Naofa and staying in the South Mall Court Student Accommodation!

Can anybody give me any information what the college and accomodation are like? also where are the good nightclubs students go to?

Could you tell me a good beauticians and hair salon?

And a gym that has cheap student membership in the city!

Thanks in advance :) x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

XXeeeaaaXX wrote: »
    Ok, I'm 18, moving to Cork in Sepetember! Going to Colaiste Stiofain Naofa and staying in the South Mall Court Student Accommodation!

Can anybody give me any information what the college and accomodation are like? also where are the good nightclubs students go to?

I went to that college for a year and it was honestly the best year of my life so far!! theres just such a good relaxed atmosphere there, not only in my course but among all the staff too!! :D
    Oh and the roast chicken dinners in the canteen every Thursday are just divine!!! :D
    In fact all the food in the canteen was pretty good!

Theres a gym in the college, I think you have to be in a sports course to use it but not certain on that.

I know when I went to college there our local 'haunt' was the Brog on Oliver Plunkett street, It really all depends on your taste and age tho, theres lots of places to choose from and sur you can have loads of fun trying each one! :p

I have yet to find a good consistent hair salon in Cork and I have lived here all my life, It all depends on who you get, when your booking anywhere just asked for someone senior to do yours and you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

hey,if its the apartments im thinking of there brilliant,there inbetween oliver plunkett street and south mall,basically right in the city centre,really nice on the inside,i think it was a 3 bedroom apartment i was in and it was huge,very modern anyway,a good choice for accomodation compared to some student places in cork i have seen,
    id say you will have to get a bus to the college though its a good bit from the city centre, around 30 mins walk i think,theres a bus that goes past the college but i dont know which one!

as above i think the brog is a good spot for students,its €2:90 a pint on weekdays until 9pm,it gets fairly jammed at weekends though,but its open till 2am and its better than paying €15 into a certain club,

i moved here when i was 18 for college and never left,im 24 now:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Hair Salon's, Beauticians and Gyms - A lot has changed since my days in college!!!:D

Advertisement