Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cois Fharraige 2009

• 04-08-2009 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Any news on whether this is going ahead??

Any bands lined up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

A licence was applied for but from what I've heard it doesnt look likely at the moment, it would really have to be all organised and confirmed at this stage and they lost their main sponsor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

There was some talk that they wanted all the local buisness's to donate €1,000 towards it.
    I don't think the GAA club were too happy with the state of the pitch after last year so that could be another problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

I read on another thread the local businesses had put in their money but MCD were pulling out.

Doesnt sound good if nothing has been announced yet.

Its a pity really enjoyed it last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭fergusman

Mate of mine works for ticketmaster in dublin, he reckons its definitely not going ahead, and probably wont next year either.

ah well! Electric Picnic it is so!:D

• Advertisement

cowlove wrote: »
    ah well! Electric Picnic it is so!:D

Was there last year, absolutely loved it, the best atmosphere of any festival i've been to!! Enjoy!!!:D

cool! I cant wait! I have heard all good things!

Thanks for info!

Have fun too!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭kilrush

Just heard on the radio there that cois fharraige is definstely on this year.

I heard it too, but cant find any info anywhere on the web about it....strange

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Easy to find lads
    Irelands number one music and water sports festival Cois Fharraige is returning to the seaside town of Kilkee, Co Clare this September. The 3 day event will take place between the 11th and 13th of September (subject to license).

The first of this years line up to be announced are Doves, The Zutons, Newton Faulkner, Noah & The Whale, The Hold Steady, Stereo MC’s, Lightning Seeds, and Jerry Fish with more acts to be announced in the coming days (subject to change).

The festival has been a huge success in its first two years selling out in advance and hosting bands such as Travis, Supergrass and Seasick Steve as well as some of Ireland’s biggest acts like The Blizzards, Republic of Loose and The Corona's.

Early bird weekend tickets are priced 89 euro inclusive of booking fee up until 1st September and 99 euro incl. booking fee after.

Tickets go on sale this Tuesday 11th August 2009 at 9 am.

In person: from 99 Ticketmaster Outlets Nationwide

By phone: 24 hour hotlines - (ROI) 0818 719 300 / 0818 719 330. (NI) 0870 243 4455

Online: www.ticketmaster.ie

Please note: There is no on site camping available. For further information please contact Western Tourism on www.discoverireland.ie/west

Camping, self-catering accommodation, bed & breakfasts and hotels are readily available in the surrounding are of the coastal town of Kilkee and along the west coast of Clare. For further details please see:

www.clare.goireland.com www.doonbeg-ireland.com
    www.irishtourist.com www.irishbed.com/clare
    www.camping-ireland.ie www.dreamireland.com
    www.a1tourism.com/ireland/kilkee

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    Easy to find lads

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

The first of this years line up to be announced are Doves, The Zutons, Newton Faulkner, Noah & The Whale, The Hold Steady, Stereo MC’s, Lightning Seeds, and Jerry Fish with more acts to be announced in the coming days (subject to change).

Wow, serious 1990's flashback when I read that.

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Wow, serious 1990's flashback when I read that.

yeah the stereo MC's as well, definite flashback!!!
    I like Doves though, good live too

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

This sounds amazing:D
    I've always wanted to go to this. Line up is perfect so far!!
    Is the campsite far from the main town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Confirmation that it's going ahead...
    http://www.clare.fm/news/cois-fharraige-gets-green-light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

RuthieRose wrote: »
    This sounds amazing:D
    I've always wanted to go to this. Line up is perfect so far!!
    Is the campsite far from the main town?

Personally I wouldn't call the line up 'amazing' but there might be someone else added.
    There were a few campsites last year, the first one was practically across the road from the venue, and there was another one called the four flags campsite on the Doonbeg rd. It was just a matter of arriving and paying when you got there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

It needs a few more names allright, would love if they got Florence + The Machine - shes not big yet and would be a perfect setting to see her. Everyone else would just be a bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Savage.. The Hold Steady are playing. They're a band I've wanted to see for years. They've got an excellent live reputation. The front man can't sing all that brilliantly but his lyrics are fantastic. I'd say I've listened to the Boys and Girls in America CD a few hundred times it's that good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_SiHmAN6qs

Lineup so far (more to be added)

Doves
    The Zutons
    Newton Faulkner
    Noah & The Whale
    The Hold Steady
    Stereo MC’s
    Lightning Seeds
    Jerry Fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rosie1987

Just wondering does anyone know the name of the hotel across from the festival, I can't remember! Can't wait it's gonna be savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

rosie1987 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know the name of the hotel across from the festival, I can't remember! Can't wait it's gonna be savage.

The Kilkee Bay hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rose1988

The Kilkee Bay Hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rose1988

The Kilkee Bay Hotel. How can we forget!!! Remember the gigantic screen in the car park and all areas within the hotel converted into bars with some serious live entertainment in different rooms. Rumour has it that the manager of the hotel was an absolute genius in pulling a crowd.... The Kilkee Bay Hotel stole the show last year with more people there than in the concert tent. Apparantly MCD or local businesses weren't too impressed!!! Got to hand it to this guy who managed the hotel, he must of cleaned up that weekend. Heard through the grapevine that he's gone from the hotel.... Anyone know who he is?.... PS. I'm not a stalker, I want to hire him!!!

And the weirdest post of the year goes to.......:D
    Rose1988 wrote: »
    The Kilkee Bay Hotel. How can we forget!!! Remember the gigantic screen in the car park and all areas within the hotel converted into bars with some serious live entertainment in different rooms. Rumour has it that the manager of the hotel was an absolute genius in pulling a crowd.... The Kilkee Bay Hotel stole the show last year with more people there than in the concert tent. Apparantly MCD or local businesses weren't too impressed!!! Got to hand it to this guy who managed the hotel, he must of cleaned up that weekend. Heard through the grapevine that he's gone from the hotel.... Anyone know who he is?.... PS. I'm not a stalker, I want to hire him!!!

I smell a shill....;)

The saw doctors have just been added to the lineup
    http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=6374335&ar=coisfharraige

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

What's the story with the days and times? I can't find any info. I really wanna go for one day and wanna check who's playing when. Is it even possible to buy a day ticket??

times aren't out yet just the dates 11-13th. there are no day tix on sale. there weren't any last year either. for 89 euro for a three day festival you're not doing too bad if you just go one day! even if you don't go to the concerts, you'll have as much craic just on the street in kilkee - best buzz of the summer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

rosie1987 wrote: »
    times aren't out yet just the dates 11-13th. there are no day tix on sale. there weren't any last year either. for 89 euro for a three day festival you're not doing too bad if you just go one day! even if you don't go to the concerts, you'll have as much craic just on the street in kilkee - best buzz of the summer :)

I don't attend over priced festivals like EP and Oxegen anymore, i work most wknds and can only make one night. When you know times can ya post them Rosie

sure I'll post as soon as i hear anything but i don't think times will be announced for another few weeks, no idea i'm not even in the country at the mo! :D
    www.coisfharraige.com was updated so maybe keep an eye there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

but does it run for 3 days or is it 3 nights concerts like?as in is it like oxygen or ep a big camp site buzz and music starting early in the day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

Isn't it normally, 'Cois Farraige', not 'Cois Fharraige'? Where did this spelling come from?

Advertisement