Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cois Fharraige 2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

dungeon wrote: »
    Isn't it normally, 'Cois Farraige', not 'Cois Fharraige'? Where did this spelling come from?

I've never noticed before but I believe you are quite right, strange that they would get the spelling wrong and never check it out.

Ah the old "tuiseal ginideach" it used to do my head in Leaving cert Irish

it would only be "fharraige" if it was preceeded with "an" or "san" etc.

e.g.
    ta a aghaidh leis an fharraige = it looks onto the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rosie1987

but does it run for 3 days or is it 3 nights concerts like?as in is it like oxygen or ep a big camp site buzz and music starting early in the day?
    It's 3 nights of concerts usually starting at 6 or 7pm. This is why it's not like EP or oxegen and doesn't have camping within the grounds, but there are campsites set up in or around Kilkee for it.
    It's an older crowd too, people who are capable of drinking on the street without making a show of themselves!
    Last year it lashed rain on the Friday night but Sat and Sun were gorgeous - this year EP have that weekend (4th-6th) so here's hoping the weathers good 11th-13th too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

The Diamond Rock Cafe now have a live web cam running 24/7
    the live feed is at
    http://www.diamondrockscafe.com/camera.html

There are also 2 cameras taking stills every few min at the other side of the bay in the boat house. www.fishkilkee.ie/feed.htm

Should make for some fun viewing in the evenings.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭kilrush

The blizzards have been added to the lineup :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

MCD have a history of spelling their festivals incorrectly. Just look at 'Oxegen'.

Yeah, yeah I know MCD criticism is banned but I doubt they'll sue over ridiculing their spelling.

• Advertisement

I thought it was called oxegen because someone had a trademark on oxygen or something ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

kilrush wrote: »
    The blizzards have been added to the lineup :)

I'm not going now

I'm not going now

Why not surely you can just not go to them if you hate them so much ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

MCD have a history of spelling their festivals incorrectly. Just look at 'Oxegen'.

Yeah, yeah I know MCD criticism is banned but I doubt they'll sue over ridiculing their spelling.

They called it Oxegen with the "e" instead of a "y" because the main sponsor is heineken, the "egen" in oxegen is written in the same font as the brand name heineken and is green. Its a subtle advertising ploy by the drinks industry.
    Before Oxegen it was called "Witness" and the brand was black and white for guinness.

kilrush wrote: »
    Why not surely you can just not go to them if you hate them so much ?

Meh...

I was just joking but i'm not overawed by the line up and The Blizzards aren't helping.

• Advertisement

Knew it was misspelt on purpose. I was just making a joke. Interesting to know the Heineken connection though. Didn't realise that was why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Swayzee

cant wait for cois this year!!
    line up is class!

check out the photos up from years gone

http://www.coisfharraige.com/2009/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67&Itemid=71&lang=en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭pedroj

Heading to the festival with 7 of the lads, anyone know best way get to kilkee from Dublin? e.g private bus companies etc?? the cheaper the better :rolleyes: thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mike golf

Heard it was a bit rough last year - fighting on the streets, drunks falling all over the place - I believe the locals were not to keen to have it coming back again this year.
    Anyone know what sort of crowd it attracts . . . I kinda presumed it was an older age group 25 plus

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cheerilee

just booked tickets for this today, and am heading down to camp.. please don't tell me its a young crowd.(as in teens). thought it would be more of an EP age group? am i wrong?

I'd say the crowd will be quite old. Look at the lineup. Young people all go to Oxegen because it has the most big (and expensive) names.

From what I've heard last year the tickets were almost all bought up by locals. It's not a particularly big venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I was at this last year and had a great time. The crowd was excellent and I saw no major trouble. Food was pretty good (the noodle stand was very tasty).
    It's a pity it's on the same weekend as the U-21 hurling final this year. I will have to give it a miss cos I need at least one trip to Croke park in 09 !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 anastasiabeaver

Does anyone know which is the cheapest campsite? All the ones I have looked at seem pretty expensive, especially after paying for two weekend tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

exiot wrote: »
    It needs a few more names allright, would love if they got Florence + The Machine - shes not big yet and would be a perfect setting to see her. Everyone else would just be a bonus

You are kidding? She is huge now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Does anyone know which is the cheapest campsite? All the ones I have looked at seem pretty expensive, especially after paying for two weekend tickets.
    Don't pre-book any of them. Just arrive and drive around to the 3 of them and see who will give you the best deal, don't be afraid to haggle either.

• Advertisement

You are kidding? She is huge now

Huge where? Maybe in some college or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kdubz

Does anyone know if you don't buy tickets to the actual festival can you still go to the pubs in the village? I heard you need a band to get into the pubs, is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

No problem getting into the pubs if you don't have a ticket for the festival......they'll be busy though!! And especially given the forecast is fine for the weekend yet again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 niamhey

Hi, i'm looking for some advice about camping. The campsite right across the road from the venue and the campsite at diamond rocks (15 min walk from the venue) are both charging 40 per person for the weekend and both seem to have decent enough facilities. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to which one might be better? There's more parking at diamond rocks but don't wanna be too far from all the craic...thanks!

niamhey wrote: »
    Hi, i'm looking for some advice about camping. The campsite right across the road from the venue and the campsite at diamond rocks (15 min walk from the venue) are both charging 40 per person for the weekend and both seem to have decent enough facilities. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to which one might be better? There's more parking at diamond rocks but don't wanna be too far from all the craic...thanks!

The Diamond Rocks would be my choice, although it's a bit of a walk home if it's raining.

I hear this act will be playing with a cameo from the coolest cat on keyboard

Sweet. Republic of Loose are one of the few Irish groups I get really excited about. Great muscians, and Mick's got a good voice even if he has butterfingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rosie1987

Really looking forward to this! :pac:

It'd be nice to get a schedule of who's playing when.. haven't a clue yet and their website has no details. Maybe I'll find out this evening.

edit.. nevermind. Found it.

FRIDAY :: Gates 6pm
    Joe Echo
    Laura Izibor
    The Blizzards
    Doves

SATURDAY :: Gates 5pm
    Jerry Fish and the Mudbug club
    The Hold Steady
    Noah and the Whale
    Newton Faulkner
    The Saw Doctors

SUNDAY :: Gates 5pm
    Hallo I Love you
    Jazzlite
    Lightning Seeds
    Stereo Mcs
    The Zutons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭croker95

FRIDAY :: Gates 6pm
    Joe Echo
    Laura Izibor
    The Blizzards
    Doves

SATURDAY :: Gates 5pm
    Jerry Fish and the Mudbug club
    The Hold Steady
    Noah and the Whale
    Newton Faulkner
    The Saw Doctors

SUNDAY :: Gates 5pm
    Hallo I Love you
    Jazzlite
    Lightning Seeds
    Stereo Mcs
    The Zutons

Saturday looks weak enough. Bloody Saw Doctors !
    Sunday Looks fairly good though :)

Can you get tickets for Sunday by just turning up ?

Advertisement