Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal in Ireland and Elitist cancer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

all modern metal is ****e and is based on looks to entrap deluded wee ****ers to buy their albums, the abhorrent slipknot have raised a generation of faux laughable satanists, deathcore has basically kept the make-up counter in boots recession proof, and i have been asked on numerous occasions for the loan of my old suffocation shirt by retards "who never listened to them but oli sykes wears one so they must be good",

i'm proud to be an elitist metal fan, but i fall short on the actual punching aspect of these twats

and the award goes to......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

Each to their own generation of metal, most of the 'elitist metal fan ' posters here sound like old whingers who think they own the genre because they grew up when it came to pass. Sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

And no one has made any refernce to actual emo bands yet, either.

I barely think it needs to be said that hitting people for wearing a band's shirt is retarded. If someone does need to be told, then they're probably either too thick or too ignorant to bother talking to anyway. **** em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭fligedlyflick

kona wrote: »
    and the award goes to......

what did i win?
    hopefully an entitlement to air my views here without being classed as some old whinger because of my scene hopping "friends" and there incessant desire to appear "kvlt"

maybe your one of these who place trend, hairstyle, annoyance and looks above actual musical ability?

what did i win?
    hopefully an entitlement to air my views here without being classed as some old whinger because of my scene hopping "friends" and there incessant desire to appear "kvlt"

maybe your one of these who place trend, hairstyle, annoyance and looks above actual musical ability?

The award for having a band T-shirt nobody knows who they are, a littloe trophy might make you feel even more elite, for dropping names :P

I look at my music as the entire package, I am sure plenty of other people do too. Personally I think these clowns get so defensive because other people are joining their clique and they are jealous.

Oh you can air your views here, seen as its on the internet we cant really have fights now:p

• Advertisement

Undergod wrote: »
    And no one has made any refernce to actual emo bands yet, either.

I barely think it needs to be said that hitting people for wearing a band's shirt is retarded. If someone does need to be told, then they're probably either too thick or too ignorant to bother talking to anyway. **** em.

Why does sombody need to be told that the bands they like are ****?:confused:

Thats mental! why cant you just accept that they like EMO or whatever for one reason or another:confused:

The fact that most of these clowns like metal to be different, but abuse people who are different to them....Sombody should ask a shrink to study this its insane!

The award for having a band T-shirt nobody knows who they are, a littloe trophy might make you feel even more elite, for dropping names :P

I look at my music as the entire package, I am sure plenty of other people do too. Personally I think these clowns get so defensive because other people are joining their clique and they are jealous.

Oh you can air your views here, seen as its on the internet we cant really have fights now:p

nobody here knows who suffocation are?
    ok, i name dropped suffocation as that was the actual band shirt they were after, they seen oli sykes, from that vomit inducing collective, bring me the horizon, wearing one inside the drivelling rag known as kerrang. i offered some cd's so they could understand a wee bit of what they were looking for but no the shirt would be ok on it's own.

i don't get jealous (what an absurd assumption), when people start liking music i like, in fact i encourage and sometimes educate people who have a genuine interest in the music and not use it as a vehicle to up their cool standings amongst their other scene friends.

ok, i name dropped suffocation as that was the actual band shirt they were after, they seen oli sykes, from that vomit inducing collective, bring me the horizon, wearing one inside the drivelling rag known as kerrang. i offered some cd's so they could understand a wee bit of what they were looking for but no the shirt would be ok on it's own.

i don't get jealous (what an absurd assumption), when people start liking music i like, in fact i encourage and sometimes educate people who have a genuine interest in the music and not use it as a vehicle to up their cool standings amongst their other scene friends.

who the **** is oli sykes and bring me the horizon? never heard of em, although I dont really follow todays new bands, I prefer classic rock and metal.

yes I heard of them but not much of there music when I was into Death metal I opted for Carcass (some of which I still have and listen to now and again) Morbid Angel (Best death Metal band of all time IMO) Deicide and Death, also liked a bit of Cannibal Corpse had loads of their t-shirts one of the coolest/sickest ones I had was Hammer Smashed Face (you can imagine what that looked like!)

Just wondering after reading the thread above:

Can I wear a cannibal corpse T-shirt just because I think they are cool designs? I dont have a cd by them.:p

• Advertisement

Can I wear a cannibal corpse T-shirt just because I think they are cool designs? I dont have a cd by them.:p

wear what you like but me personally I wore t-shirts of the bands I actually liked at the time and NOT because I was told to do so or because I thought it looked good on someone else! It is kinda like wearing your favorite football clubs jersey! Wearing a CC t-shirt and just cus its looks cool may is ok but you'd look a dick if an actual fan came up and asked you what your fav CC tune!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

You can wear whatever you want, but you should get at least one of their cd's, you might just like it.

fartmaster wrote: »
    yes I heard of them but not much of there music when I was into Death metal I opted for Carcass (some of which I still have and listen to now and again) Morbid Angel (Best death Metal band of all time IMO) Deicide and Death, also liked a bit of Cannibal Corpse had loads of their t-shirts one of the coolest/sickest ones I had was Hammer Smashed Face (you can imagine what that looked like!)

i had the butchered at birth shirt, still have it actually.
    and the ultra rare "tools of the trade" carcass shirt.

i had the butchered at birth shirt, still have it actually.
    and the ultra rare "tools of the trade" carcass shirt.

What about the sickest one ever.... Entrails ripped through a virgins c**t OMFG what a title for a song!!!

hammer smashed face :)
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fTpQOZcNASw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fTpQOZcNASw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

how do u stick up a utube viddy properly?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

if you put the bit in bold in youtube tags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k816dPQyPAM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Funny stuff in this thread!

Went into Zavvi a while ago and lad behind the counter was wearing a Manowar tee shirt

A WHA? ( look em up kids, they rocked)

So i gives him the sign of the hammer.

Blank stare and a step back. The large norm looking bloke is acting weird hethinks

So i says " all men play on 10! "

Looks at co-worker who is amused and back at me quizzically

Yer teeshirt says i, manowar!

Oh, i just liked the tee man, not really a fan....

Ah well........

:p

addicted to vaginal skin...

don't know :confused:

i think anal **** come first for song titles though

I became A counsellor so I could tell rape victims they asked for it

Yeah definitely,my friend got one of their albums and we were pissing ourselves reading through the titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Crap like this has been happening for years and the abuse goes both ways.
    I listen to what I want because I get a kick out of it.
    If youre trying to force your musical taste onto someone or deriding someone for liking something different-I almost feel sorry for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I tend to hate emo related sh*te just as much as the next metaller, but I only tend to rag on bands to more of a degree than others if they're bad musically. You can write the most brilliant music known to man while dressing like one of those twonks out of A7X and I'll still admire you for it.

You probably deserve to have a hatchet firmly embedded in your face if you're about to resort to violence because of the band shirt somebody's wearing, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I tend to hate emo related sh*te just as much as the next metaller, but I only tend to rag on bands to more of a degree than others if they're bad musically. You can write the most brilliant music known to man while dressing like one of those twonks out of A7X and I'll still admire you for it.

But why bother in the first place, why do you feel the need to rag on a band full stop?

For example, I think the vast majority of power metal is just total wánk, do I feel the need to point it out? (Forgiving this instance) No. Why? Because someone else's taste in music is their own, and it's not something anyone should interfere with imo, one should be left to shape their own tastes (As much as they can).

I do agree with you on the violence point though.

You probably deserve to have a hatchet firmly embedded in your face if you're about to resort to violence because of the band shirt somebody's wearing, though.

Pretty much this, slagging always happens it's just something you learn to ignore. But actually being that stuck up as to use violence is just pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

On a completely seperate point, my sister owns and wears a The Grateful Dead tee, having no idea who they are (I had the pleasure of telling her :D)

Topshop seem to sell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Fad wrote: »
    But why bother in the first place, why do you feel the need to rag on a band full stop?

For example, I think the vast majority of power metal is just total wánk, do I feel the need to point it out? (Forgiving this instance) No. Why? Because someone else's taste in music is their own, and it's not something anyone should interfere with imo, one should be left to shape their own tastes (As much as they can).

I do agree with you on the violence point though.

I rag on bands because there are bands out there that are that god awful that they deserve to have the piss taken out of them. Look at this video:

It's a pisstake, before anyone gets ahead of themselves. :P But if this band were truly serious in what they were doing, you can't say you could resist saying "These guys are absolute ****e", instead of just going "Ah well, each to their own!"

If somebody says to me that power metal is ****, I'll ask them why they think so, to list specific reasons as to why they think it's so. I don't rag on bands because they're not my cup of tea, but because it can be considered a universal truth by many listeners that what they're producing is muck. Take Mozart or the Beatles. These guys without a doubt had a huge effect in the area of music as a whole. Even if they aren't your cup of tea, you can't truthfully say they're ****. To have made such an impact in the first place, they must have been doing something right, and of course they were. Something you can't deny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

mike65 wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who thought Elitist cancer were an unsigned act...

Sorry but I`m still laughing about this too much to take the rest of the thread seriously.

You can wear whatever you want, but you should get at least one of their cd's, you might just like it.

I loved the instrumentals....really good. I was praying that when he opened his mouth it would be NOT a growl:o

**** sake stop growling and id be a fan, I cannot listen to growling:o

I actually have a anal **** cd......and its beside a poison look what the cat dragged in cd.......... no ****ing lie.

I often wonder do they be fighting:eek:

Anal **** cds are great for the titles......the material is ****e

Its anal **** defenders of hate... looks like a ****ing bootleg

I actually have a anal **** cd......and its beside a poison look what the cat dragged in cd.......... no ****ing lie.

I often wonder do they be fighting:eek:

Anal **** cds are great for the titles......the material is ****e

Its anal **** defenders of hate... looks like a ****ing bootleg

Well it's called noisegrind for a reason.
    The ones with clean vocals are usually pretty decent though.

Well it's called noisegrind for a reason.
    The ones with clean vocals are usually pretty decent though.

Its called noise IMO:P:D

So there is a version on defenders of hate that isnt, like listening to a cat fight, with a sqeaky bicycle brake in the background?

Wouldnt mind hearing it!

track2: Limp Bizkit think they are black, but they are just gay:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Why does sombody need to be told that the bands they like are ****?:confused:

Thats mental! why cant you just accept that they like EMO or whatever for one reason or another:confused:

The fact that most of these clowns like metal to be different, but abuse people who are different to them....Sombody should ask a shrink to study this its insane!

You took me awrong. I said: If someone needs to be told that beating up people for their taste in music is retarded, then they're not even worth the bother.

Advertisement