Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me buy my new TV

• 04-08-2009 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Right everyone, I'm a bit clueless when it comes to TVs and what I should be looking out for in a new one.
    I have €750 to spend on a new one so any hints on where to pick up one would be appreciated.
    At the moment I am looking for a tv around the 37 inch mark and full hd, my sitting room is average size so I don't want the tv taking the room over.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

LCD

Plasma

You could also ask over in the RS Forum for some options, or review some recent posts over there.

They are usually good to boardies, and also are connected to the Philips shop in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2842567/art/lg/42lg7500-lcd-television.html#tech-specs

Bought that one myself a while ago. Very happy with it. Had a similar budget to yourself and that fit all my needs perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I'm in exactly the same position.
    My current favourite is this Samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Im looking at getting a 46"-50" for e750 to e1000. harvey normans and power city have few in this bracket. I know very little about tvs so what should i be looking for plasma or lcd? and which other details are important. im not looking for a hd tv. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

guapos wrote: »
    Im looking at getting a 46"-50" for e750 to e1000. harvey normans and power city have few in this bracket. I know very little about tvs so what should i be looking for plasma or lcd? and which other details are important. im not looking for a hd tv. thanks

You're not looking for a HDTV but you want to spend 750-1000 on at 46"+??

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Im shopping at the moment . you can get a Samsung 40" B530 in Currys for €599. Great value for the what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Jev/N wrote: »
    You're not looking for a HDTV but you want to spend 750-1000 on at 46"+??

:confused:

apologies for the confusion but like i said i dont know much about tvs. id be happy with the picture quality i have at the moment on my tv im just looking for a bigger picture in my new bigger sitting room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

guapos wrote: »
    apologies for the confusion but like i said i dont know much about tvs. id be happy with the picture quality i have at the moment on my tv im just looking for a bigger picture in my new bigger sitting room

Basically, you cannot get a TV that big without it being capable of HD - it's to do with the amount of pixels on a screen, much like your computer, and if you had a low resolution 46" TV it would look dire.

The best advice I can give is to stay away from Harvey Normans as their prices are still OTT, even in the sales, and to go over to the RicherSounds forum for some advice - you have the choice of both Philips Store, Dublin and Richersounds, Belfast to choose from - both of whom deliver!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

Advertisement