Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booking WRC Spain - 2 people

• 04-08-2009 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

Anyone recently been to Spain WRC?

So, basically so far I know that the event is in Salou, not too far from Barcelona, most hotels seem to be 4* (whatever that is...), car hire seems to be reasonable and hotels appear to be in close proximity to the HQ & stages...

Am looking information on the event itself, preferrably from some who have recently attended. Booking for two, shared hotel & car hire. Probable arrive week before & enjoy the beach/travel to nearby cities & sights or extend stay beyond event to do same.

Can anyone provide guidance/information on the following:
    • Stage passes, grades of access etc.
    • Information on the HQ - access for fans
    • Proximity of hotels to the HQ, stages, airport, beach
    • Car Hire
    • General overall synopsis of the event - things to avoid/watch out for...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

i would recomend rally travel
    http://www.rallytravel.com/?page=event&idno=1

travelled with them before the give you great info on how to get to stages very helpful with any sort of problems over the weekend all you have to do is arrange your own flight id go with them as i done it alone before but this crowd is worth it in my oppinion anyway for your first time anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Cheers hi_sir, it's actually rallytravel.com that I'm looking to book through.

Have you been specifically to Spain before?
    Are there 'stage passes' or is it as Rally Ireland - free if you avoid scamming locals! ;)

i have been when it was in the loret de mar no stage passes just like here find your spot and walk great weekend good weather and good craicif you give the rally travel gang a shout im sure they will point you in the right direction

hi_sir wrote: »
    just like here find your spot and walk

..or if you have a shammed [*insert micra/integra/starlet/civic/japanese chipped, holed exhaust bucket here] drive to the tape & block all access/exits for regular considerate rally fans!

Have e-mailed them for details...any additional tips welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

salou is about an hour south of barcelona. You should fly into reus airport that about 10min outside salou. Is it based in portadventura again this yr?? thats about 5min from the airport. 4 star hotels in spain are quite a good standard im going there in a few wks on a family holiday and we were there lastyr too. We staying in hotel vil.la romana its about a 15min walk from portadventura. If you want a nice hotel def stay 4star.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Alright lad iv decided to book it the el chepo way. I went on to rally travel and just booked the hotel they are using on my own. Booked flights bout 3 months ago only €105 return. Who are you getting your car hire off, the one thing i havent done yet:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

went last year.. i spent 500 euro all in.. including spending money..

fly into rues.. its 5 minutes outside salou... hire a car..

we stayed in a hotel for 5 nights it was 80 euro each and included food ( very expensive if you dont get it included)

you then just buy the maps and drive to a location and walk..

there is 1000s on each corner... you get to one spot park walk and stay there for the day.. you wont be stage hopping.. you will be walking alot..

the atmosphere on the stages is great... alot better than here..

stages are about 1 hour drive from salou.. so early starts :(

im going to the czech rally tho this year. 30 S2000 cars so far and the entry isent even closed yet :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 declan134

Have gone for the past 3 years and have all booked again for this year apart from car hire. we always book everything ourselves. No problem getting stages if you can get the lads out of bed, no passes needed, straight to the tape. Last few year we got 3* accom on a half board basis for €20 per night. Service in Portaventura is dead handy from salou. Get there early and do the theme park for a day. Good crack there as well

yes you have to get out early or you'd be wasting your time

Thought about booking the lot myself...likely to go the easy route this year and book the package, 4* hotel - B&B and eve meal, car hire & after rally event included. £259 pp

• Advertisement

So all booked, including 10 nights accommodation half-board, car hire and pre & post rally events entry. Just short of €500 pp (not including flights).

Only thing left to do is count the days until departure! Thanks for all the useful info, rallytravel.com seem to know what they're at, will provide full report after the trip.

Advertisement