Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in costumes/costume parties?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I posted this in the Arts & Crafts forum but didnt get much response so reposting here - hope that's ok.
    Hi,

I'm looking for anyone interested in costuming with the aim of creating a group or club.

I've always been interested in dressing up but started a few years ago making my own costumes and helping some friends put things together for parties and events. But because I don't know many people who are really interested I'd like to see if there is anyone out there in a similar situation.

At the moment myself and a small group of friends (read 3 people!) organise a halloween party and one or two murder mystery parties each year but we'd like to expand our horizons a bit and get more people involved. The aim would be to get a group of people together who like sewing, coming up with ideas, putting things together (like new accessories, props, vintage clothes, stuff from the attic), have an interest in historical costume or costume from popular culture (tv, movies etc.) - and then organise some events throughout the year (excuses to dress up!) and also some meetings where we can talk about what we're working on and share ideas and tips.

Anyone interested or know if something like this exists already let me know!

Thanks

Advertisement