Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharpshooter going nuts in AH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Can you give specifics of your complaint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

Well ScumLord made a rather funny joke about the girl in the original post and got banned for it. The original post was about a girl who went on a radio show with her mother to do a polygraph examination, and it was uncovered that the girl had been raped when she was 12. The asked her if she had ever gone on the hop from school and she kept answering no despite the fact the lie detector was showing her to be lying. ScumLord replied with "Rape is the oldest excuse in the book".

It was definitely not in good taste, but by no means was it worthy of a ban. I thought it was funny and got banned for posting "LMAO", then a couple of others were banned when a simple warning about no backseat moderating would have sufficed.

I think his moderating is a little over the top, given the fact that it was completely impersonal. Fair enough, I might agree with that level of moderating if the girl was Irish and there was some kind of a risk of family members of friends of the girl actually reading those posts, but that wasn't the case.

I just don't see the need for such a level of sensitivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sir Molle wrote: »
    I just don't see the need for such a level of sensitivity.
    Which is no doubt why you got banned. That he was banned for it in the first place should have given you a clue as to whether quoting and posting "LMAO" would be a good idea.

In any case, all of the bans are short-term, so I don't think SS has gone mad nor is the moderating terrible. It's a bit of a given that questioning mod on-thread usually ends up in bans.

If you wish to discuss the sensitivity of AH, you can PM sharpshooter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

Maybe I should have probably posted this thread in feedback or something, I wasn't really looking to have the ban reversed or anything. I don't really care all that much, it was more about giving feedback.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Sir Molle wrote: »
    Maybe I should have probably posted this thread in feedback or something, I wasn't really looking to have the ban reversed or anything. I don't really care all that much, it was more about giving feedback.
    No.

Complaints about Moderators go to Help Desk; feedback about boards.ie go to Feedback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement