Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone suggest a good seamstress around Mullingar?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Have a costume I'd like altered and just wondering if anyone could recommend a good and reasonably priced seamstress.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 harrins

I could take a look at it for you - I make costumes for drama groups, schools etc. Send me a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

There's a Foreign girl who works in the Enterprize Centre on Bishopgate st in Mullingar, she's very good at her job, and not to pricey either.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

There's a place on Mary St, across from the spiced bean, the one that has the bridal and ball gowns in the window. I have used them and found them good and reasonable priced. There is a changing room in the shop, so you can try the stuff on and she will get an exact fitting for you.

jenniwenni wrote: »
    There's a place on Mary St, across from the spiced bean, the one that has the bridal and ball gowns in the window. I have used them and found them good and reasonable priced. There is a changing room in the shop, so you can try the stuff on and she will get an exact fitting for you.
    Are you talking about "Elegant Bridal"?

We had stuff altered there - and wouldn't go back if you paid us.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

-Orlaith- wrote: »
    Are you talking about "Elegant Bridal"?

We had stuff altered there - and wouldn't go back if you paid us.

Yeah that's the one.

The girl in there did a great job for me though, she altered a kilt for me. It was a really tricky thing to do and she did a great job.

What happened to you there?

• Advertisement

jenniwenni wrote: »
    Yeah that's the one.

The girl in there did a great job for me though, she altered a kilt for me. It was a really tricky thing to do and she did a great job.

What happened to you there?
    She was meant to shorten the sleeves on one fo my granny good tops and cut half of the sleeve off, instead of the small amount they'd agreed, /my granny wanted, my granny had to get a new cos the original one was ruined.

I got my bridesmaids dress taken in slightly, and she put green thread on the seam, the dress was powder/cornflower blue. We went in about the dress, which she fixed, and charged us for, even though it was her mistake, not ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 patbrady877

i used the girl in the enterprise centre before- very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

is there still the lady over ronnie whites jewellers? she used to do my jeans for me. she was great, but just dont give her a debs dress to so. she mangled mine.

Advertisement