Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inactive SIM

Options
  • 04-08-2009 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, I was out a few days ago and I found a phone while walking home. There was no SIM card in it, so as you do, I brought it home with me.

At first when i put my SIM card into it, it was working fine. I then removed my SIM card to put it back into my original phone to retrieve photos and songs, when I put it back into the other phone it read Inactive SIM and has for the last week.

I also tried my boyfriends SIM card in the phone and it read inactive SIM too.
    Anyone have any idea what's happening? And do i need to get it unlocked, or should i just scrap it?

My network is Meteor, as was the phone's. The make was a Sony Ericsson W610i. Please try get back to me as soon as possible :)
    thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The handset has probably been blacklisted so its of no uses to you. Only thing you can do is give it to the guards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring up the networks, give them the IMEI number (so they can find the account it was linked to - they won't be able to give you the details on the account though because of the data protection act) and give them your contact details so you can return it to the registered owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Journalist-Cai

k thanks all :)
    or 2 :P

Advertisement