Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dubarry Shoes for kids

• 04-08-2009 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

does anyone know if you can get these "dubes" for little kids?? and can you get them online??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Moved to own thread.

It's a long time since I wore Dubarry shoes in primary school but they were definitely available for kids. I have no idea where though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Why would you want to do that to a child?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Did you really need to post that? If you cannot help the OP with the question then don't bother posting again. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Whats wrong with them?

They are comfortable, very durable and will last years. Plus they are respectable for those impromptu trips to the pub/club..:D Hell I still wear them and i am 30...2 pairs..and I am very proud to be supporting an irish brand.

Any decent shoe shop will have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Have to agree with the above poster, the most comfortable shoes ever and it officially rains in Mayo more than anywhere else in the country so I need to keep my feet dry! As for buying them for kids, why wouldn't you? Leather, waterproof, easy to put on and off, Irish, so very durable, no reason why not tbh.

Now, back on topic: I'm pretty sure you can get them in kids' sizes but I'm taking that to be less than a size 6 but more than the kids size 12 (think that's the biggest toddler size). They start at a size three which is a tiny foot really and would be suitable for a kid aged maybe 9+. Is that what you meant by a kid OP? Don't think they do 'dubes' for smaller feet than that. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

does anyone know if you can get these "dubes" for little kids?? and can you get them online??

Are you buying them as a present? Dubes aren't ideal for little kids or older ones, too flat, might be frowned at as anything other than occasional wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

chocgirl wrote: »
    Are you buying them as a present? Dubes aren't ideal for little kids or older ones, too flat, might be frowned at as anything other than occasional wear.

they're for my daughter, dont worry, i know what i'm doing! thanks for all responses, looks like her piggies are too small yet! she's startin school in september, i'm goin mad lookin for nice shoes, and i think dubes would be really cute, back to the searching!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Aw, if she's only starting school, why not get her those Lelli Jelly shoes, they're so adorable and are designed specifically with the dynamics of children's feet in mind :) Don't panic! You've four weeks left :)

yeah i was thinkin bout the lelly kelly ones, but they are simply not fabulous enough! (the black school ones obviously, the others... well, LETS DISCO!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

they're for my daughter, dont worry, i know what i'm doing! thanks for all responses, looks like her piggies are too small yet! she's startin school in september, i'm goin mad lookin for nice shoes, and i think dubes would be really cute, back to the searching!!

Ok sorry I thought you might have been buying them for a friend:)

• Advertisement

dont be sorry! thanks for responding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

Clarkes kids, do a duberry deck shoe style shoe, perhaps try them. my nephew has a pair

Sparkles:) xxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

I don't think I've ever seen little kids ones because my younger brother wanted a pair for his communion outfit and his feet were too small!
    Of course, they might not be the most practical shoes for a Junior Infant, they tend to run around a lot and dubes are kind of awkward for running in! So cute though!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

just had a look... accordin to the dubarry website this is the only childrens footwear they make http://www.dubarryboots.com/catalogue/45
    might not be the best witha school uni

sparkles xxxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

I personally love Dubes, especially the brown ones. TBF, they're a lot better than some of the other "Back to School" shoes out there. You are way better off spending the €100 on them than on 10 pairs of cheap Pennys, they just fall apart in the rain.

Advertisement