Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two hurt in shooting at Dublin hospital

Options
  • 04-08-2009 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Gardaí are investigating a double shooting in Dublin this morning in which two hospital security men were injured.
    The men were shot on the grounds of Dublin's St James’s Hospital shorty before 4.30am.
    One of the men was shot in the right shoulder and the other suffered injuries to his right forearm. Both men are in their twenties.
    In a statement issued on behalf of St James’s Hospital this morning, hospital authorities confirmed the men had been injured in a "shooting incident" on the grounds of the hospital. The statement said St James's Hospital is: "co-operating fully with the gardaí’s investigation of this shooting incident."
    When gardaí arrived at the scene the men were already being treated by medical personnel. Garda sources said they believed the shootings happened in the grounds of the hospital.
    The men's injuries are not life threatening and hospital services will not be affected.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0804/breaking33.htm

This is really going too far now .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

About the best place to be shot tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

BVB wrote: »
    This is really going too far now .

That whole area has had its fair share of problems for years now, from Fatima to Dolphin House. I doubt it's a random shooting, I'd say the people were local and targetted for some reason or other, possibly drug related. (This is pure speculation by the way!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

cosmic wrote: »
    That whole area has had its fair share of problems for years now, from Fatima to Dolphin House. I doubt it's a random shooting, I'd say the people were local and targetted for some reason or other, possibly drug related. (This is pure speculation by the way!)

Yeah put at a hospital.

Imagine comming out of hospital after a life saving op and get shot and killed outside the doors*

*Not part of the news

BVB wrote: »
    Yeah put at a hospital.

Imagine comming out of hospital after a life saving op and get shot and killed outside the doors*

*Not part of the news

But they might not have been patients, that's what I was saying. The hospital grounds are often used as a through way for people, mostly locals to get from Thomas St area to Rialto area. I'd say it was a planned shooting on a local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rdow

I dont think they were involved, doesnt it say they were security guards? I'd say they just disturbed a drug deal or something.

Just a case of wrong place at the wrong time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

seems security guards were on a foot patrol of the grounds when they were accosted

one of the news channels said there was a suspicion that the guards had an "altercation" with a member of the public there earlier and yer man came back to "object"

rdow wrote: »
    doesnt it say they were security guards?

Jaysus! Shooting hospital security? Some people really are just scum :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Brings a whole new meaning to 'Shooting up in James's hospital' :D

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement