Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub for a Hen in Dublin

Options
  • 04-08-2009 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

well, having my hen in dublin next sat night.Having dinner in Donnybrook and then getting taxi into town. My idea of craic is a band in a pub...nothing fancy etc...defo not a clubbing sort of girl so Krystle is a NOOOO. Can anyone recommend somewhere (has to be a late bar) which would be a bit of craic?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

im not sure if im allowed to bump things here but would really love some help here. I have read the best 5 pubs thread here and my style of pub would be grogans or the royal oak but I cant do this for a hen. Dont know enough pubs with a bit of noise and craic....help me please.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Whelans maybe? There are gigs there every Saturday, what about Break For the Border? Less dancey and more rocknroll??

Yeah maybe whelans. Is there live music in the bar? I hear what you're saying about Break for the Border and if it was in another city, I'd say grand. BUT I have these tacky connotations with this place and would never set foot in it on a normal night out. I know. Im very difficult to please!! Is there any bar with live music and late opening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Just go down Temple Bar with all the other hen/stags.

:)

newbie! wrote: »
    Yeah maybe whelans. Is there live music in the bar?

Give them a buzz.
    I hear what you're saying about Break for the Border and if it was in another city, I'd say grand.

You could always go to another city, but I would ignore your connotations, you are organising a hen night, its going to be tacky and, its a bit late in the day to be fussy if you are going on Saturday night, I would called the venue ages ago, be it Whelans of BFTB, see if they will cater you, see what is happening that night and if it was suitable.

• Advertisement

lightening wrote: »
    Give them a buzz.

You could always go to another city, but I would ignore your connotations, you are organising a hen night, its going to be tacky and, its a bit late in the day to be fussy if you are going on Saturday night, I would called the venue ages ago, be it Whelans of BFTB, see if they will cater you, see what is happening that night and if it was suitable.

Sorry, to clarify, it wont be tacky and it wont be huge so there was no need to book somewhere weeks ago. I shouldnt have mentioned it was a hen as it doesnt really factor. Just going out with a number of friends and would like a dance and a bit of craic rather than sitting down all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

Have a look at the Pub Guide here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58076

The Dice Bar is excellent craic,it is a DJ but it always plays great music to get you going and very friendly crowd. Have had great nights in there. Then onto Sin e to keep the ball rolling.

Prob whelans for the bands though.

I shouldnt have mentioned it was a hen as it doesnt really factor.

I know exactly what you mean, not well up on the live music scene, but go to the gigs and events forum here, you might find some good cover bands playing on Saturday, I am sure Whelans will have some band headlining and you mightn't like them.

Advertisement