Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aquarium hood

Options
  • 04-08-2009 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey guys!

I need a new hood for my aquarium. It needs to be 100cm long and 30 cm wide. Anyone know where i can get one this size? Anyone i have found 100cm long has been 40cm wide which is no use! Please help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Yes, it seems that most aquariums of this size are 40 cm deep or thereabouts.
    Does this aquarium carry a brand or is it a made-to-measure tank ?
    It possibly looks like you need to get your DIY skills together and make it, ensuring the electrics are well away from the water and waterproof as well as the wooden parts well varnished.
    Have a look on www.irishfishkeepers.com, there might be some information of interest there.
    ValerieR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BradsE36

Thanks Valerie! Have the tank for a long time and there is no brand on it so I guess it's a custom built one. Got if off an uncle maybe 15 years ago! I'll have look at that site anyway. My poor fish are living in darkness at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

You're welcome.
    The fish per se do not need light for their wellbeing/welfare. Light is more for the pleasure of human eyes and also for plant growth if you decide to have some real vegetation :)
    Best of luck with your project.
    Valerie

Advertisement