Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Escape Nite Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Cabaal wrote: »
    This doesn't state that they MUST carry ID at all times, it merely covers that a pub can look for ID if they believe a customer is under age.

If the customer can't produce it and prove they are over age the pub can refuse service.

My point being it was employed in foxylad's post that this age group must carry ID at all times, this is incorrect both in the UK and Ireland.

No it is illegal for a person between the ages of 18 and 21 to be on a licensed premises between the times stated (i.e. when the premises is open) without a valid form of id.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

Adyx wrote: »
    No it is illegal for a person between the ages of 18 and 21 to be on a licensed premises between the times stated (i.e. when the premises is open) without a valid form of id.

ah who cares,nothing to do with the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Anyone been there since it opened? I'm heading there tomorrow night so it'll be nice to know what to expect of the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The general feedback that I've been getting is that it's nice to have somewhere else to go other than Rubys. Nobody has said to me that it's reinventing the idea of the word "nightclub". I'll try get in there soon, but as they say; old habits die hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i'm the same, we were supposed to go in there last week but come half 12 we found ourselves in Harvey's yet agaimon. Although i will say i had a great time in there, seems a number of people have stopped going there maybe still annoyed over the entrance fee debacle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Was in there last night. I like the place a lot, but it's not really a niteclub as such. That isn't necessarily a bad thing though! I liked how you could order a drink and chat to a girl with out having to shout and lipread their response.

The only problem I could see was that the sound system was sh*te! The DJ was grand, the mixers etc. were fine, but the speakers sucked. You could barely hear the lyrics. I know this was nitpicking at it's highest, but I was in there with two DJ friends and it's all they could talk about. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Minto wrote: »
    Was in there last night. I like the place a lot, but it's not really a niteclub as such. That isn't necessarily a bad thing though! I liked how you could order a drink and chat to a girl with out having to shout and lipread their response.

The only problem I could see was that the sound system was sh*te! The DJ was grand, the mixers etc. were fine, but the speakers sucked. You could barely hear the lyrics. I know this was nitpicking at it's highest, but I was in there with two DJ friends and it's all they could talk about. :o

Was it like that everywhere you went in the club or was it just where you were sitting?

I'm going out for me birthday on sat so early talk is going to there. I'll take a few pics and put them up here for people who can't be bothered going in.

Actually, Am I allowed do that Sully?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

I was in there myself last night was home for the weekend with a few mates, I have to agree its not really a night club and its very bright more on the lines of a disco bar, Music and dj were good bit cheesey in parts :D, but have to agree about the sound, Something didnt sound right, I work in clubs myself and said it to the dj, He said there wasnt much he could do, which is understandable. We went down to Rubys and was busy enough but wasnt impressed with the music at all, I cant understand people in Waterford a new club decent music and they still run to Rubys like sheep:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Heard the same about Escape from a friend who went in there - said it wasnt like a club as it was to bright. Nawt about the music tho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ziedth wrote: »
    Actually, Am I allowed do that Sully?

Doesn't both me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Was it like that everywhere you went in the club or was it just where you were sitting?

No, it was everywhere.

Frankie King and co at Frontline Audio were working overtime to get the sound system working for the opening. I wouldn't be surprised if everything didn't quite go to plan (some equipment not arriving in time for example) and they weren't able to get it working as it should and are waiting to be able to optimise it.

I'd be very surprised if Flash splashed the cash on a biometrics ID system but skimped on a sound system!

AdMMM wrote: »
    Frankie King and co at Frontline Audio were working overtime to get the sound system working for the opening. I wouldn't be surprised if everything didn't quite go to plan (some equipment not arriving in time for example) and they weren't able to get it working as it should and are waiting to be able to optimise it.

I'd be very surprised if Flash splashed the cash on a biometrics ID system but skimped on a sound system!

:confused:

Where are you getting your information from??

Just cause you saw the Van outside the club, doesn't mean they were doing the sound.

Bernie was running in and out of the place...

Must ask him later on. Nevertheless, the sound was not installed by Front Line Audio & Visual.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭red_diesel

Is the crowd very young in this club or should I stick to Harveys??

Same young crowd that goes to harveys as far I saw

ya the age thing would def effect my friends decision to go there or not. As i said i'm going there on sat night more then likely so i'll give a full run down on my thoughts of the place next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭red_diesel

Was hoping for an older crowd. Harveys crowd would be older than Rubys/Oxygen

• Advertisement

Im afraid the older crowd dont go to clubs:D would be same as Harveys from what I saw, Check it out yourself the weekend:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

Have to agree, alot of teeny boppers there.......ah well :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Frontline dint do the sound . Club sounds good now . Should be Djin in there in the coming months if i can get free to do it. Waterford needs competition and its good to see . I was Djin in Rubys Sat night still good crowd and escape seemed the same .

Having different options is great

Neill K

lol Neill, let me know where you're DJ'in so I can go to the other place. That or wear a disguise! :)

lol Neill, let me know where you're DJ'in so I can go to the other place. That or wear a disguise! :)

Lol thats only because i announce your 18th birthday every time i see ya .

I always see ys creeping on the dancefloor mr murphy :eek::eek::eek:.

:D
    Bernie was running in and out of the place...

Come on now Bernie Running?? Lol must be mistaken for someone else :D

Someone said something about free Pint Bottles...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,633 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Whats the comedy club like there just purchased 2 tickets to PJ Gallagher on the 24th September in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Moved from After Hours.

Advertisement