Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanging plasmas on plasterboard

Options
  • 04-08-2009 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi im going to be buying a 40 inch plasma soon and planning on wall mounting it, ive cut a section of plasterboard out, to put some beams in for support for the t.v to hold the weight but the problem is the other side of this wall is obviously plasterboard but it also has tiles on it so cant really be hammering nail into it, any ideas as to how i could put the support needed for the tv up but without risking the tiles?
    Any ideas or help will be greatly apprecciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Hi im going to be buying a 40 inch plasma soon and planning on wall mounting it, ive cut a section of plasterboard out, to put some beams in for support for the t.v to hold the weight but the problem is the other side of this wall is obviously plasterboard but it also has tiles on it so cant really be hammering nail into it, any ideas as to how i could put the support needed for the tv up but without risking the tiles?
    Any ideas or help will be greatly apprecciated. Thanks.

Assuming u have timber uprights get some angle brackets and screw the new supports into place. B and Q usually have a good selection of pre-drilled ones
    http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?isSearch=true&fh_search=angles&x=0&y=0

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Hi,

I have done this for two 32" Tvs at this stage.

In my son's bedroom, I couldnt find the wooden studs even though they are supposed to be vertical studs every 16 inches. SO I cut a 4"" by .75 " batton to fit and screwed it into studs that I *could* find. mounted the TV wall bracket onto this. no hammering. just screwing into studs. Painted the batton to match the wall. not the tidiest job but fine for a boys bedroom.

In my daughters room, she wanted it a bit tidier !! ha ha. In her room
    We did find studs 16" apart. so just screwed the wall bracket directly into those ( Power City € 45 ). Ensure that the wall brackets are correct for your size/weight of TV. Just ask the shop staff.

best of luck.

Tigerbaby.

Advertisement