Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utd game - travel disruptions

Options
  • 04-08-2009 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Know this is a bit early but posting this now in case anyone is booking flights etc so they can bear it in mind when planning especially if using Gatwick or Heathrow.

Severe tube disruptions in place on Sat 12/09 -

no victoria line and no circle line.

Will make it a bit mad getting across London after the game I think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Zagorkagirl

Hi Mullo,

Can you provide a link for more info on these disruptions. There's no mention of it on the www.tfl.gov.uk/ website.

Thanks,
    Zag

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

its on tat site under planned station an route closures. Brings up a pdf for next six months for vic line it states all stations from a to b are closed but its the whole line. Check club website something on there to. Cant post link as i am away and usin phone. Hope it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sligo Spur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Zagorkagirl

Thanks for that Mullo (and Sligo Spur). That's going to be very messy - especially as it's a late game - 36,000 fans trying to get to central London at that hour on a Saturday night. Should be fun!

Zag

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Any recommendations for how to get to the lane from Lpool st?

• Advertisement

Any recommendations for how to get to the lane from Lpool st?
    Train goes from Liverpool st to White hart lane station. Takes about 20 mins.

Cool thanks mate - **** id always overlooked the overground trains on my prev visits and just hopped on the victoria line!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Also worth bearing in mind the option of travelling to Northumberland Park which is about a 5 minute walk down Park Lane from the ground, they usually run extra trains to their before/after a game.

Also worth bearing in mind the option of travelling to Northumberland Park which is about a 5 minute walk down Park Lane from the ground, they usually run extra trains to their before/after a game.

I was onto national rail last week to see what increased freq trains were going back after the game as I am staying with mates in Kent and need to get to London bridge quickly and from Tott hale there are trains going every 5 mins back to Liverpool st. Although its a further walk than WHL you will prob get on a train quicker and with a shorter journey (14mins) should get to Liverpool st quicker. Just another option.

Great stuff lads thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Advertisement