Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wellpark bus?

• 04-08-2009 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hey,i just moved from the westside of galway to wellpark,but my kids are still going to school in Shantalla,can anyone give me info on which bus i would take to get them to school,where from,ect.thank you.:confused:;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The No. 2 Renmore bus goes from renmore along the dublin road past wellpark through Eyre Sq. and past Scoil Bhride out to knocknacarra. Check the timetables to be sure at www.buseireann.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check Mary's site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ouch, that could be troublesome and potentially expensive unless the kids are prepared to walk a bit: I can't find the page on Bus Eireann's website about weekly/monthly tickets - and can't remember if they have them for children or not, but suspect not.

The no 8 bus goes right past Wellpark, and through to Salthill - 'twould be a bit of a walk from Fr Griffen Rd up to Shantalla though.

As (someone!) said, the 2E from opposite the Huntsman goes through to Knocknacarra, a lot less of a walk from the university-ish to Shantalla.

The whole through-routing thing (Rahoon to Ballybane, Salthill to Mervue, etc) is interesting. I'm not 100% certain that they always do it the way it says on the timetable, but in the last few days have noticed buses with new paintwork saying "Salthill to Mervue, every 30 minutes", so it looks like that one's becoming more institutionalised anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mumto3

Thanks a million,il check out the number 2 renmore bus then!either that or change schools i supose!

Advertisement