Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented Accommodation and TV Licence

Options
  • 04-08-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

If you were moving into a rented property would you expect the landlord to pay for the tv licence? or would they expect you to pay it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

any place ive rented ive paid the TV license myself. i think thats pretty much the norm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 azzurri

miju wrote: »
    any place ive rented ive paid the TV license myself. i think thats pretty much the norm

Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

If you own the TV you pay the licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

If you own the TV you pay the licence
    If you're the occupier, then you pay the license. It doesn't matter if the landlord owns it or not, unless they're living in the property too.

This was discussed before.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61282492

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 DavidCarroll

the norm would be for you to pay the thing but when the lease comes up for the renewal you should be hit the landlord for a lot more for a re-sign

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

the norm would be for you to pay the thing but when the lease comes up for the renewal you should be hit the landlord for a lot more for a re-sign

Lease negotiation is irrelevent. The tenant is obliged to pay the TV licence; end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

I got NTL broadband and tv yesterday.
    The woman I live with has a tv just for dvds.
    There is also another person with a tv for dvd but leaving in a months time.

Should myself and her get the licence between us or just me. I'm the only person with TV stations.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I got NTL broadband and tv yesterday.
    The woman I live with has a tv just for dvds.
    There is also another person with a tv for dvd but leaving in a months time.

Should myself and her get the licence between us or just me. I'm the only person with TV stations.

Its irrelevant whether you are the only one subscribed to NTL or not. Any set capable of receiving signals must be licensed. A premises is licensed however- rather than on a per-set basis. So- a house with 3 TVs requires 1 license. How you split the bill between you is a matter amongst yourselves.

Advertisement