Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair hole in tile wall

Options
  • 04-08-2009 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

After replacing a shower with a new one I am left with a, roughly 2 inch hole in a tiled wall, that must be repaired.
    Removing and replacing the tile is not an option at this stage.

What would be the best way to repair this?
    I was thinking of covering it with a ceramic soap dish but cannot find one suitable.

The wall is plasterboard with tiles on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

What colour are the tiles?

Would you think of cutting out similar sized holes in other tiles (at the same height) and dropping in a different coloured tile - you can get small "mosaic" pieces which are approx 1.5" and try to make a feature of it?

You could also try to fill the hole and put a hook or similar in the centre and use it as a place to hang your "soap on a rope" :) or shower gel etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There is not many choices here the most obvious is silicone. although I saw a brilliant idea in a house i was redoing once. You can go to home base and buy a number plate for the door, you know the white one's where you stick the number on from the packet. Just leave the no off drill a hole in the plate to mount a soapdish then mount the plate with the soapdish on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Thank you both for your suggestions.

doubtfir3 - The mosaic tile idea is out! Too much effort. I am doing this as a favour for a friend who isn't too puched on what it looks like, as long as it looks ok and keeps the water out.

JTL - I think I will try this idea. Sounds ideal.

Thanks again.

Advertisement