Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse's Latest Song! You Like?

• 04-08-2009 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

So, I just listened to Muse's latest Song; "United States of Eurasia".

Imo I hate the song, its certainly different to many of their big hits such as "Hysteria", "Knights of Cydonia" and "Supermassive Black Hole"

I've heard many say that it is similar to Queen but in any case, it hasn't caught my attention. Hopefully I'll get to like it. The Bass and Drums to the song is still amazing as per usual which should never be compared to Queen..

Anyways, what is y'all opinions on the song? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

Uprising is actually going to be the first single. Listened to it last night....was not impressed AT ALL...and im a big Muse fan.

More impressed with USoE..and id only say that song is ok.

But im sure theres loads of really really good songs on the album....cant wait.

But of course uprising as with USoE will most probably grow on me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Randall_AAR

Yup, :) I guess the album should be great! Can't wait myself :pac:

I must have a listen to Uprising..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Am I listening to the same thing as everyone else? At the bottom of the Media player it says United states of Eurasia (+ Collateral Damage)

Im gettin into this! Swayin back and forth an all haha:)

I like, I like alot :)

edit: oh and agreed on the Queen ref. very bohemian rhapsody at parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Not a major fan of Muse but I like a good few of their songs. And got to say im liking this :pac: wasnt sure about it at the start but found myself liking it more as it went on and as with everyone else have to agree with the Queen comparison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It is very Queen like. I am not sold on it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Took me a while to come around to liking the last album but now I love the thing. This has trained my ear to like this material, IMO. Really enjoying USOE. Hints of Queen for sure in parts but it's definitely got that Muse vibe about it, as you would expect.

Love the Eastern influence in the song too.

Listening to Uprising hints more like Muse. A little of the old school styling mixed with the qualities of the newer albums in it. Definitely more upbeat Muse and a bit more funky. Loving that one too...

Really looking forward to the album now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Its been a slippery slope since origin. :(

No one ever makes a good sixth album (well, maybe a small few exceptions)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

I think its quite good different then usual which is always a brave thing for bands to do!!muse are genius but its clearly like an ode to queen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Shane_C wrote: »
    No one ever makes a good sixth album (well, maybe a small few exceptions)

This is gonna be their fifth album :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

OctavarIan wrote: »

They were probably counting the B-side album Hullabaloo.

P.s USofE is ****e IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just listening to Uprising at the moment. Really liking it at the moment. Big Muse fan.

Matt's vocals are a little different...... no wait never mind. :)

Pretty good so far. Like it a lot.

Reminds me of Atlas by Battles a little bit.

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Sorry: mistake, but no one ever makes a good fifth album either

Sorry: mistake, but no one ever makes a good fifth album either

The Doors - Morrison Hotel
    The Who - Who's Next
    RHCP - Blood Sex Sugar Magik
    REM - Document
    Led Zeppelin - House Of The Holy
    Rolling Stones - Out of Our Heads
    The Beatles - Help
    U2 - The Joshua Tree
    Pearl Jam - Yield
    The Eagles - Hotel California
    Soundgarden - Superunknown
    AC/DC - Highway to Hell
    Bob Dylan - Highway '61 Revisited
    David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars
    Tool - 10,000 Days
    Pantera - Cowboys from Hell
    Deep Purple - Fireball

I might have to disagree with you there, i think you'll find more often with the elite bands and rock stars of the world no. 5 is usually a gem! And with the ones in bold probably their best album!

There is a lot I would disagree with there but sure we're entering the realm of opinion now.....
    I'm was a bit surprised on the pantera one I have to say

There is a lot I would disagree with there but sure we're entering the realm of opinion now.....
    I'm was a bit surprised on the pantera one I have to say

True we are teetering on personal opinion, but to hardcore fans of said bands, i hardly think you could say any of them are poor albums!

If you're a fan of metal (guessing from the Pantera cite) Metallica's self titled one is their fifth, the mighty Black album!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

The Doors - Morrison Hotel
    The Who - Who's Next
    RHCP - Blood Sex Sugar Magik
    REM - Document
    Led Zeppelin - House Of The Holy
    Rolling Stones - Out of Our Heads
    The Beatles - Help
    U2 - The Joshua Tree
    Pearl Jam - Yield
    The Eagles - Hotel California
    Soundgarden - Superunknown
    AC/DC - Highway to Hell
    Bob Dylan - Highway '61 Revisited
    David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars
    Tool - 10,000 Days
    Pantera - Cowboys from Hell
    Deep Purple - Fireball

I might have to disagree with you there, i think you'll find more often with the elite bands and rock stars of the world no. 5 is usually a gem! And with the ones in bold probably their best album!
    Cowboys from hell is panteras 1st album...well second if you count there glam days. As for the new muse songs. Im not sold on united states of eurasia at all. Apparently its part of his big 3 piece song so il wait for the rest of it to pass judgment. The thing that really irritates me is that it doesnt just sound like queen...IT IS QUEEN haha.

As for the uprising, its a really cool song at the start but theres are no real changes in it and it gets boring pretty fast. Still looking forward to hearing the rest of the album and also looking forward to seeing them live again come november. Best live band EVER.

Patricide wrote: »
    Cowboys from hell is panteras 1st album...well second if you count there glam days. As for the new muse songs. Im not sold on united states of eurasia at all. Apparently its part of his big 3 piece song so il wait for the rest of it to pass judgment. The thing that really irritates me is that it doesnt just sound like queen...IT IS QUEEN haha.

As for the uprising, its a really cool song at the start but theres are no real changes in it and it gets boring pretty fast. Still looking forward to hearing the rest of the album and also looking forward to seeing them live again come november. Best live band EVER.

Cowboys from Hell is their fifth.

Metal Magic '83
    Projects In The Jungle '84
    I AM the Night '85
    Power Metal '88
    then, , , ,Cowboys From Hell '90:rolleyes:

I saw Muse in '06 and they played for only an hour and ten minutes and did **** all interaction w/ the crowd.:(MASSIVE DISSAPOINTMENT, however many more hardcore fans i know that have seen them multiple times said that, that gig was poor but only a blimp on a radar of awesome live shows.And i hope to see them again when they tour this album.:)

Metal Magic '83
    I AM the Night '85
    Power Metal '88

I saw Muse in '06 and they played for only an hour and ten minutes and did **** all interaction w/ the crowd.:(MASSIVE DISSAPOINTMENT, however many more hardcore fans i know that have seen them multiple times said that, that gig was poor but only a blimp on a radar of awesome live shows.And i hope to see them again when they tour this album.:)

Ahh, hardcore fan. My bad you are indeed correct if your not going by "official studio albums", ive only heard of Power metal and metal magic myself. Touche...Touche..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Metal Magic '83
    I AM the Night '85
    Power Metal '88

lol! cant seem to find usofe on iTunes, anyone know when the album is out?

:D:PBlimp! ha ha! lol! I never noticed! haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

10,000 days is tools 4th full length album of original material. opiate is an ep and salival is a live/rarities album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

im ashamed to say i have obtained the album through piracy and all i can say is that they have outdone themselves yet again, mk ultra...wow best song on album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Thats funny, no pirate release yet..

miralize wrote: »
    Thats funny, no pirate release yet..
    There is a fake album doing the rounds with a band with a similar sound to muse. However it most deffinatly is not them...

Advertisement