Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how long should PRTB registration take?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I moved into a new apartment at the end of March but my landlord(s) never showed up with the lease until mid-April, at which point we filled out the PRTB forms with them. I would assume they sent them sometime after that but I've received nothing at all from the PRTB (many posters here mentioned the tenant also gets a confirmation letter) and the place is not listed on the PRTB database (though that only goes on results as of end of May 2009, so it could be not updated yet)...

They are now dragging their feet on a couple of other things taking well over 6 weeks to get certain things sorted and I'm getting really annoyed. Should I bring the PRTB thing up as well? I'm just wondering what the norm is regarding how long a registration should take?

I'm so fed up of craptacular landlords/EAs TBH... it's not like they are doing me a favor renting the damn place. I'm the one handing them a wad of cash each month, is it too much too ask for some basic courtesy? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Enquired about this today myself - my agent saYs that there is a 13 week wait (according to the PRTB)

Agent did send me the copy of the registration that they send to the PRTB as my Girlfriend needed it for something she was applying for

I would say that sweet FA applications were processed during July but maybe ask your landlord when he sent in the application, then get onto the PRTB yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

13 weeks? Yikes... and I though NCT waiting times were bad... Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Its longer, I got a form sent back because of a wrong number on it last week and I sent it away last Feburary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

3 months.

Sometimes they "forget" to send you the letter. They did in my case, so i phoned and it was in the post the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I moved into my place in late Feb and got the letter about a month ago. Was over 4 months.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies, 3-4 months for most people it seems. I'll wait until September then (assuming it was sent in April) as it seems it could easily take that long...

Does anyone know how often the PRTB updates the published register?

http://www.prtb.ie/PublishedRegister2009/dublin18_09.htm

It's still tagged as "Extracted on 31 May 2009" - Grrrr :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

RTFM

http://www.prtb.ie/dublin.htm
    Please note that this published register is a snapshot of the register at a point in time, generally extracted from the database twice a year and last extracted on 31 May 2009. Accordingly it may not include tenancies registered since then or more recent applications for registration that are not fully processed.

A tenant can bring a complaint to the PRTB without there being a registration.

Thanks, don't know how I missed that :o.

Not looking to bring any complaints, but good to know in any case.

Advertisement