Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STG Bank draft did not arrive

Options
  • 04-08-2009 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Last year I paid for a sterling bank draft and was then informed it would be posted to my house. It never arrived and I had a flight booked to go to UK to buy a car about a week after I paid for the draft. After ringing the bank every other day until the day before I flew out, I gave up and got sterling cash from another bank.
    The bank cancelled the draft and said I would have to wait 6 months which I did. Now the accouunt has been credited but they have only put back what the drat would be worth now - about 300 euro less.
    Have I any comeback? The bank say this is their final position and there is "nothing they can do".

Thanks!

S.

Advertisement