Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP - Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Options
  • 04-08-2009 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Just throwing a little shout out to see if anyone plays this?
    Just got it a week ago myself, haven't been able to put it down! It's pretty shocking how such a monotonous game can be so great.

Currently rocking it out with a Hunting Horn and eagerly awaiting the arrival of my wireless adapter so I can start playing on xKaiLink.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

It really is a great game. I used to use XLink Kai a few years ago to play Monster Hunter Freedom but now I use Adhoc Party on my PS3 to play PSP games online. It's great to be able to play with other people as it makes the game so much more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yar, I've only been able to play a couple of multiplayer quests when I visit some friends. Really adds something to the game when everyone takes a specific role to try and take down the bigger beasties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I've just picked up a couple of copies of this for myself and my bro.. looking forward to getting stuck into it..

I want to start using xkailink, using a Wifi Max connected to my laptop. Just wondering if anyone else has this setup? the laptop is connected wirelessly to the network, would this cause any problems?

and anyone know where to pick up a Wifi Max or two cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I haven't gotten myself a WiFi Max yet, but I shall be doing so as soon as my replacement 3V arrives.
    I haven't shopped around much yet, but here seems to be the cheapest I've found: http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/4-/866456/WiFi-Max-For-PSP/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0
    Remember if you find a cheaper one that it's only the Black WiFi Max that works on xLinkKai. and if you do find cheaper, post some links please! XD
    Also, if you and your brother are in the same house, you only need one WiFi Max. Multiple people can connect to the same one.

I dont know for sure, but I cant imagine a wireless laptop setup preventing you from using xLinkKai. The connection might be a little slower is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Yeah I saw the Play.com one, but its out of stock at the mo.. Ill have a look round and see what I can find.. Ill post back if theres anything cheaper!

Edit: just saw the playtrade link! thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

GothPunk wrote: »
    It really is a great game. I used to use XLink Kai a few years ago to play Monster Hunter Freedom but now I use Adhoc Party on my PS3 to play PSP games online. It's great to be able to play with other people as it makes the game so much more fun.

Does this mean I can play via my ps3? Or do I still need wireless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Autilian

noodler wrote: »
    Does this mean I can play via my ps3? Or do I still need wireless?

If you have a ps3 you can play via your ps3 if your ps3 is already connected to the internet. Your ps3 will needed to be connected via a ethernet cable to be able to let ur psp play online. What you'd need to do is make a japanese psn account (not that hard tutorials online). Once you have that done then you download ad-hoc party for free and follow the video which should help u set it up and get things going.:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UzTyDJSnl0

Advertisement