Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation near Giants Causeway

Options
  • 04-08-2009 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Myself and herself are thinking of visiting the Causeway soon and i was wondering where would be a nice place to stay. A decent hotel in a scenic area would be spot on for us. Any recommendations?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 littlemaxi

I just booked a break here yesterday for last week of August.
    Got 2 nights B&B + 1 Dinner for 99pounds per person plus a free child which is great value :)
    Its a 4 star and having read all the reviews on tripadvisor seems to be pretty good. Pool, Spa etc looks lovely.
    The girl in reservations (georgina - v helpful) told me it would take about 30-40mins to get to the Giants Causeway via Coleraine. Anywhere else i priced closer was mad money for not very nice accommodation.

http://www.radissonroepark.com/eng/home

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭mr chips

I work in Ballycastle - prices in/near here for the last week of August will likely be high because of the Lammas Fair on the 24th-25th - the place is always bunged. Once that's over it should be easier to find somewhere decent for a good price, try the "Acravilla" B&B just as you head out of the town -
    http://www.discovernorthernireland.com/Acravilla-B-and-B-Ballycastle-P10705 . £55 per person for the weekend, no dinner though but there are four or five restaurants in town - Quay 26, the Central Bar (upstairs), The Anzac Bar (upstairs) The Cellar. The B&B is right next to the golf course and the ruins of Bonamargy Friary where the Mac Domhnaill chieftains are buried, and you can walk into Ballycastle in 5-6 minutes - plenty of good pubs and there's a pool & fitness room open to the public at the Marine Hotel. The Causeway is only 20 minutes away along a great stretch of road - take the inland road to get there with virtually no traffic whatsoever, and take the coast road to return via Ballintoy where the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge is, along with some of the best coastal views in the country.

NB I have no connection with any B&B!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ybbi

Walsh's Hotel Maghera, South Derry wouldnt be too far away either, and they should do a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 littlemaxi

Just reporting back from our days away in north... Hotel was fab, literally on edge of Limavady, in a scenic area, food was top class, both brekkie and dinner were gorgeous, wireless broadband in room which was large, spacious and v comfortable.
    Pool was small but ok for a quick dip, if you were a golfer (which im not)you would be in heaven..
    Loved the causeway, is an amazing sight to see and only took 30mins from hotel through Coleraine (borrowed a sat nav and would have been lost without it !)
    Went to carrick a rede ropebridge, bushmills distillery tour, Dunluce castle and into Portrush for the amusements for our 9 year old !!

All in all was a great break, only sad that didnt stay longer, alot of driving for 2 night break...could have spent a full week going to see all that we could have.

P.S. Came back down via Armagh to go to the Panetarium.. highly reccommend it, for young and old but just make sure you book a show in advance as i was advised to do. They show the 3D star shows on the roof of the dome.. is brill :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

There are a few fine hostels in that area I do believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 david1978

Hi, can anyone recommend a decent (but cheap) hostel / B&B? I'm looking to head up next week with family of 5 (2 adults & 3kids although 1 is a baby so only 4 beds needed). Prices I'm seeing online are not that much cheaper than a Hotel.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

http://www.sheepislandview.com/hostel.htm

This gaf. Lovely place when I went there, another a few miles down the road but its name escapes me

• Registered Users Posts: 2 david1978

Daegerty - Thanks for suggesting the Sheep Island View Hostel. We stayed there and were very impressed with facilities and cheap price!

Advertisement