Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension dates poll

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Cernunnos3

I got to the 30/06/10 and I HAVE A "RESTRICTED" rifle:D
    cernunnos3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Solidchrome

Mine expires on 31/May/2010 for a semi auto shotgun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Cernunnos3 wrote: »
    I got to the 30/06/10 and I HAVE A "RESTRICTED" rifle:D
    cernunnos3
    Well you know which box to tick on your application so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Old man's .22 and shotgun both put out till 31Jan. He doesnt want the hassle of getting a safe, so I've plenty of time to get an app in for his .22. Mine is 31Oct. Will have to convince them my pistol is designed for Olympic Disciplines (which it is BTW) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Bigred, you're one of the few I know who can actually show that their pistol is designed for the Olympics because that's the manufacturer's design brief!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

what kind of pistol have you bigred

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

davy_b wrote: »
    what kind of pistol have you bigred

Feinwerkbau P44 - top class piece of kit. Pricey though (€1300). Learnt my trade on an old russian IZH46M - same model Sparks has.
    http://www.shootingwiki.org/index.php?title=Feinwerkbau_P44

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks wrote: »
    Bigred, you're one of the few I know who can actually show that their pistol is designed for the Olympics because that's the manufacturer's design brief!
    Well single shot air pistols don't tend to have a lot of other uses. Especially ones with foot long barrels* and one-handed grips. ;)

*This is an exaggeration

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

31/05 for all 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Happyhunter

30/06/2010 Nice one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bang

31/10/09 for my 3 .
    bang:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Are people still receiving these extension letters - or put it another way, have people received some, but not all of their expected letters? I got the extension letter for my rifle a week ago, but my pistol letter still has not arrived:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

fat-tony wrote: »
    Are people still receiving these extension letters :(

There was a gap of a week between some of mine, all arrived now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

My friend down the road has received none of his letters yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Just recieved mine in the post now, extended until June 30th 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

i have 4 firearms and iv gotten 2 renewal letters for two of them posted on different dates, 1 letter for one of the other ones and none for the last one.

has this happened anyone else?

all the letters i got where for the 31 october so i just reapplied for the 4 firearms together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 .243 express

31st October 2009 ...No restricted stuff(3guns)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

we got five of them on the same day, all expire on 31st of january, went into the garda station to get the forms and the garda chatted away to me for ages explaining what she could about it, she told me not to bother applying until about christmas as they have too many to process before ours and wont do anything with ours till about then anyway, and just incase its put aside or lost while they process others, that we'd be better off holding out for a while before bringing them in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

i have 4 firearms and iv gotten 2 renewal letters for two of them posted on different dates, 1 letter for one of the other ones and none for the last one.

has this happened anyone else?

all the letters i got where for the 31 october so i just reapplied for the 4 firearms together.

I wouldn't be waiting around asking questions on here - go to your FO urgently and ask/write looking for the letter or a copy of one that may have gotten lost in the post, as technically your fourth is not licenced now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

LB6 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be waiting around asking questions on here - go to your FO urgently and ask/write looking for the letter or a copy of one that may have gotten lost in the post, as technically your fourth is not licenced now...

when i dropped off the forms for the others and that one he told me not to worry about it, and i brought up the same point you made and i was told its a new system and there are bound to be glitches!!!!:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement