Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Lao

Options
  • 04-08-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if you can buy Beer Lao in Dublin ? just back from Asia and got hooked on it over there...:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Redmonds of Ranelagh have it

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Was up in Beggars Bush, Haddington Road, D4 and they have started stocking 300ml Beer Laos, for less than €5 a bottle too.

Had one on Wed night - thought I might have over-romanticised the idea of it - but no, it tastes as good as ever :)

Now, where stocks the elusive 500ml bottles? Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

WealthyB wrote: »

in my belly, i drank them all :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

WealthyB wrote: »
    Was up in Beggars Bush, Haddington Road, D4 and they have started stocking 300ml Beer Laos, for less than €5 a bottle too.

Had one on Wed night - thought I might have over-romanticised the idea of it - but no, it tastes as good as ever :)

Sounds a bit much for Beer Lao, pleasant as it may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Sounds a bit much for Beer Lao, pleasant as it may be.

€5 is pretty much a standard price for a long neck unless there's a promotion on.

And in their defence I was back in Beggars Bush on Friday night and they were doing 4 bottles in a bucket for €15.

• Advertisement

Dunnes will have it in the next week or so, no idea what the price is yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I found Beer Lao to be a decent European style lager, but not worthy of the almost mythical status it seems to have obtained. It does taste fantastic compared to the beers available in other Asian countries, especially compared to the Thai and Vietnamese beers.

Advertisement