Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moisturiser. Minor but annoying all the same...

Options
  • 04-08-2009 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Was in Manchester a couple of weeks ago and left the hotel without a moisturiser. I have dry skin so need to apply regularly. Nipped into the first pharmacy I saw and bought 'Simple for Men' @ GBP2.99. Was in Boots at the weekend and checked to see if they had the same product. Lo and behold, same product, same size @ EUR7.69!!! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

yep rip off city if you cross the border its crazy the difference in prices

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Was in Manchester a couple of weeks ago and left the hotel without a moisturiser. I have dry skin so need to apply regularly. Nipped into the first pharmacy I saw and bought 'Simple for Men' @ GBP2.99. Was in Boots at the weekend and checked to see if they had the same product. Lo and behold, same product, same size @ EUR7.69!!! :mad:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

try aqueous cream.

cheap and effective

those brand name 'moisturisers' are full of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

If it makes you feel any better it must have been on special offer, this stuff is usually around 5-6 pounds mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Pal wrote: »
    try aqueous cream.

cheap and effective

those brand name 'moisturisers' are full of crap

They are indeed, Nivea & Simple for men are good for the face after a shower or anytime facial skin is dry though. Thanks to eczema I have used all sorts of moisturisers and yeah, aqueous cream is good.
    herya wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better it must have been on special offer, this stuff is usually around 5-6 pounds mark.

That would explain it alright but it definitely wasn't marked as 'special offer'.

Minor stuff anyway, just bugged me when I saw a big price difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement