Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foundation...advice please

• 04-08-2009 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I've been using different foundations on an off for the last 3 years and can't find a foundation that I'm happy with.I started off with Chanel tent innocence (compact) then tried matt luminer and I'm now using MAC studio fix fluid (NC35).
    I've also tried Armani but really thought it was very dewy.

I like my make a bit darker than a natural colour as in a I guess a shade darker than natural. My skin type on arms/legs etc is sallow but I've got a freckly face with cheeks that do like to glow at times....:(

Could anyone give me advice on a foundation that isn't shiny, dosen't have an orange/yellowy tint and that has good coverage and looks natural in photos.... (or am I looking for the impossible:confused:)...thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

I'd recommend the liquid Chanel Teint Innocence! One of my favourite foundations! My other favourite is L'Oreal Liquid Minerals, only €10 in Boots. I found both of these foundations to be very natural looking plus they both last a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

I think you get a better result with any foundation if you get one that is the correct shade and then give yourself some colour with bronzing powder.

It'll give a more natural finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I always recommend this but anyway, try Estee Lauder Double Wear set with a powder. Tawny is a nice shade, it's similar enough to Mac's NC30.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mazken

Like the OP, I'm currently on the search for a new foundation. I was wearing Estee Lauder Double Wear but find it's too heavy and want something a lot more natural. So I've been trying out samples of different foundations and this is what I've found.
    Prescriptives have a new range of mineral fluid makeup out which apparently lasts for 16hours, I liked it as it gave coverage but am undecided as eventhough the sales assistant did a colour mapping (which was free along with a gorgeous lip gloss) I think it was a shade too dark for me. But if it's coverage and longevity you want it's good, also the fact that it's mineral helps.
    I also tried the Bare Essentials mineral powder. I really liked this although it's just a bit tricky to use. You buy a starter pack which as two different shades (your natural shade and one darker - ideal for you!!) plus a bronzer kind of powder and you get the brushes you need to apply it. It has fantastic coverage and is good for your skin (apparently you can sleep in it!!) I personally prefer a liquid foundation, otherwise I'd seriously consider it.
    Currently sampling the Armani make up and I think it might be the one...especially as it looks natural on and blends in with my skin tone which is ultimately my aim. As another poster mentionned you can easily build up colour with a bronzer etc... I'd be a bit hesitant about going a shade darker than your skin tone cos then you'd have to constantly apply bronzer to your neck etc. - too much hard work IMO
    Best of luck, will be interested to read how you get on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

I really liked this Shiseido makeup when I bought it a couple of years ago:
    http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=226472&CategoryID=25677
    It's still available in Ireland I think, try Shaws, they have Shiseido counters. It gives a matte finish and made my skin flawless looking in photographs. If you do buy it, just buy the refill as it's about half the price of buying it with the case. Also, apply it with a wet sponge, not a brush.
    Hope I helped:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jolo

Ok I'm a bit of an old fogey here but was on a similar hunt for a change of foundation recently. Used to use clarins and Clinique but my skin and eyes decided they didn't like them anymore and the hunt began.

Found a really nice brand - Models Prefer. Bought it in a light shade. It's liquid, nice but not heavy coverage. In a squeezy tube with a sponge but wouldn't recommend the sponge as the real applicator. Called Models Prefer hands-free light diffusing foundation.

Also in the same range bought what I think is an amazing product. Again it's liquid foundation. This time in a pump dispenser which has 2 different colour foundation cartridges in it. I LOVE gadgets. It's called Models Prefer perfect match moisturising light-diffusing make-up. Basically it has a dial on the front that goes from light through medium up to dark and you dial up your shade. It's brilliant cos sometimes you feel like a little more or less colour - well i do. I'm fair skinned but when the sun (or should I say the elements!) gets me I need a different shade of foundation and this always hits the spot. Also it works well if you've got some fake bake on and need to match up too.

As mentioned I have really sensitive eyes and skin and this works well for me. Only thing I will say again is I'm a lot older than you and the moisturising nature of this suits my more mature skin. But it's not oily or clogging.

Happy hunting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 emmom2310

Thanks for all the replys....I have also heard great things about Chanel Teint Innocence and also about Benefits Hello flawless, has anyone ever tried this one?
    I recently tried Estee Lauder Double Wear, while I liked it on others. I found it quite pasty and dewy on my skin....
    I'm off on my search after work, hopefully I'll have found the "dream" foundation :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I like Hello Flawless but it's not really a foundation! More like an all-over cover-up. Doesn't last long, doesn't suit everyone either.

Maybelline Dream Satin liquid foundation goes on like a dream..it's only €7.99, worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Oh God I hate Estee Lauder. Far too heavy and sticky and thick. Not nice at all.

Vichy Correction Foundation has great coverage. It is often used for weddings apparently so looks great in photos obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LisaMarieB

I like Hello Flawless but it's not really a foundation! More like an all-over cover-up. Doesn't last long, doesn't suit everyone either.

Maybelline Dream Satin liquid foundation goes on like a dream..it's only €7.99, worth a shot.

Corruptedmorals, will you please tell me where you get maybelline dream satin liquid for €7.99! i have to get it! thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement