Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The hell is wrong with my cat

Options
  • 04-08-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

So my nine year old cat, Had her since she was a kitten is starting to act very odd

Every morning and night she cries at the door to come in , not anything new so we let her in and she starts crying again for food,
    So we give her food and she doesn't eat it, Then she;ll jump in the bedroom window and cry to get back to the kitchen , and then she;ll cry to get food again and so on and so on

Why the hell does she want? could she be sick ? want different food?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Could she be pregnant?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Is she spayed? If not she could be in heat. If you suspect she might be in pain or discomfort a trip to the vets will if anything rule out any health reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jolo

Take her to the vet asap. We had a similar problem with our 17 year old cat. We googled some of the symptoms and came up with thyroid dysfunction, took her to the vet who thought of thyroid straight away and did full bloods. Turned out to be diabetes. Don't mean to alarm you. But since she's acting strangely do her a favour and have her checked fully.
    Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Does she get any water etc? Especially if you give her dry food she might be dehydrated and thirsty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

my families much loved cat began to act silly,
    it turned out to be a build-up of waste chemicals because her kidneys and liver had begun to fail,she was quite old though,and sadly shortly after we had to put her down.
    liver/kidney)problems Could happen at any age.
    as others have said,only a vet can confirm whats wrong.

good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 lolwut

Yes we had her spayed after she had kittens about 4 years ago

She doesn't seem to be in pain (from what i can see anyways) when shes not acting odd shes her normal self sleeping on someone's lap with not a care to her

We only give her wet food and a bowl of water with a drop of milk in it , so i don't think it could be that

But yeah, thanks for all your replies , I shall be bringing her to vet asap

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

One of my cats started doing the same thing for the last bit of her life and the vet said it was a form of feline senility although she was 14 years old so it is possibly something else with your cat. Best of luck

Advertisement