If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monitor audio rs6

Options
  • 04-08-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

hi john,

i was thinking about upgrading to a pair of Monitor Audio RS6 floorstanders. what finish do you have in stock?

what price would you be asking for them?
    i'd need about 6 meters of speaker wire (no need for bi-wire) & banana plugs too...

if the price was right i may even go for a rack that'd support a few seperates/ games console & tv...

i'm living in galway so delivery cost is also factored into the budget...

thanks,
    matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

the raven wrote: »
    hi john,

i was thinking about upgrading to a pair of Monitor Audio RS6 floorstanders. what finish do you have in stock?

what price would you be asking for them?
    i'd need about 6 meters of speaker wire (no need for bi-wire) & banana plugs too...

if the price was right i may even go for a rack that'd support a few seperates/ games console & tv...

i'm living in galway so delivery cost is also factored into the budget...

thanks,
    matt

Might be worth your while waiting as Monitor Audio are upgrading the Siver series shortly, you might get some "old" RS6s a lot cheaper than they are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

Might be worth your while waiting as Monitor Audio are upgrading the Siver series shortly, you might get some "old" RS6s a lot cheaper than they are now.

cheers, i'll take that into consideration!

richersounds,

will you be stocking the new Monitor Audio Silver RX range of speakers in september?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Guys - apologies fop the delay in getting back to you - I had a few ill deserved days off last week - hence the delay in getting back to you guys.

Ok - yes we will be stocking the new silver series as soon as they break cover - and they do look very sexy and slimline!

In the meantime we can do a system as follows:

Monitor Audio RS6
    4MM Banana Plugs * 2 Sets
    Monitor Audio Pureflow Speaker cable * 6 Mtrs
    Icon Hi-Fi Rack (a really serious one! see attached pic)

We can do this system at £699.95!

Thanks again for the post and drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

hi john,
    thanks for getting back to me; hope you made full use of your time off!:)

that is a fantastic price for all that gear, but will RicherSounds reduce the price of the RS6s once the RX6s are launched?

how much would the total be if i could go for the
    ICON MODUS S1 32"-37" tv/hi-fi rack
    instead of the Icon Aero rack?

and all that including delivery to Galway?

thanks again,
    matt

p.s. do you have the RS6s in Black Oak finish?

• Advertisement

Raven,

£679.95 with the Icon 32/37 TV stand.

As to reducing the Silver Series - I honestly cannot say - it just depends on what run-out stocks that Monitor Audio want to clear and to be fair they are usually only the weird colours - but I really cannot say for sure at this stage!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

johnmc wrote: »
    Raven,

£679.95 with the Icon 32/37 TV stand.

As to reducing the Silver Series - I honestly cannot say - it just depends on what run-out stocks that Monitor Audio want to clear and to be fair they are usually only the weird colours - but I really cannot say for sure at this stage!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

hi john,
    sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.

i'd like to go for the above package :);

Monitor Audio RS6 (black oak)
    Icon Modus S1 32/37 Rack

what details do you need in a PM to finalise?

thanks a mil,
    matt

hi john,
    sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.

i'd like to go for the above package :);

Monitor Audio RS6 (black oak)
    Icon Modus S1 32/37 Rack

what details do you need in a PM to finalise?

thanks a mil,
    matt

Matt,

Thanks for the post - just drop me a PM with your phone contact details and I'll get one of the guys to look after you today,

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

thanks for everything john!
    the speakers are fantastic! everything and more than i expected!

thanks to kenny for the quick and painless order too!

one small issue that you might be able to help me with though: at a decent volume, on bass-heavy music, the reflex ports at front and rear create an unfriendly noise, i guess i'd call it a flutter, any idea how to combat this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

one small issue that you might be able to help me with though: at a decent volume, on bass-heavy music, the reflex ports at front and rear create an unfriendly noise, i guess i'd call it a flutter, any idea how to combat this?

Nice speakers you got there the raven, I'm seriously jealous.

I heard that these speakers need "room to breath" to sound their best. What size is your room?
    What way have you them set up i.e How far away from back and side walls? also you could trying using a bung on the rear port, also what amp are you using?
    Considering a pair of these myself but unsure if I have the neccessary "room to breath".

• Advertisement

The Raven,

Delighted that you are happy with the RS6 - they really are excellent (and you know I'm not just saying that as EVERY Colleague in Richer Belfast also uses either MA Silver or Gold series (Dave is a total snob and he has gone Platnium (I must be paying him too much!))

Ok 'flutter' - yep the 1st thing to try is to move the positioning away from the rear wall and also to try the foam 'bungs' that came in the box (most people think they are part of the packaging and throw them out in the initial excitement!

Start with the rear bungs and if this does not improve things than insert the front ones as well - you should also really run the 6's in over about 48 hours - we normally recommend using 'white noise' from a tuner - the quickest method is to pop a 'white noise' signal from your tuner into the speakers - wire one of the speakers out of phase and position the speakers facing each other about 2 inches apart - turn the volume up so it's just audiable and leave overnight - if you do this for a couple of nights it's a really efficient way of running the speakers in, in a controlled manner.

Anyway enough rambling - keep me posted if this issue is not sorted after the weekend and we will pop you a new pair (no speakers, not ears) in the post!

ATB and thanks again,

John Mc

Nice speakers you got there the raven, I'm seriously jealous.

I heard that these speakers need "room to breath" to sound their best. What size is your room?
    What way have you them set up i.e How far away from back and side walls? also you could trying using a bung on the rear port, also what amp are you using?
    Considering a pair of these myself but unsure if I have the neccessary "room to breath".

Mollers,

as our unofficial 'Saturday boy/technical support team' make sure you give me a shout if you are considering RS6/RS8 - I'll do a cracking deal for you,

ATB,

John Mc

thanks for the quick response moolers and john!

yeah, i'd spotted the foam plugs when i unpacked the speakers and, baffled by them, threw them in the corner!

i've wedged them into the rear ports and they seem to have solved the problem but i won't really be testing loud volumes while there's neighbours around, sadly.

the room is pretty anti-audiophile; i'm living in a flat where the living room (approx 13' x 18') extends into the kitchen (approx 7' x 7') (total length of room approx 25'), separated only by furniture. not only that but there's a floor to ceiling window that's about 9 feet wide - great view but not the best for audio...

there's not much i can do with placing of the speakers as housemates have to be taken into consideration, but for serious listening the speakers are well away from the wall (3'), although having had them for one whole day now i haven't had an opportunity to have a proper session, and as you said john, i've yet to run them in...

oh and to answer your question moolers, the amp is a NAD C320 BEE.

aside from all that anyway, i'm thoroughly impressed, bowled over, and just speechless at the jump in quality from the old floorstanders.

i'll update once they've had a run in...

thanks again!
    matt

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.