Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon Coolpix S1000pj

• 04-08-2009 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

Didn't see this posted, thought this might be interesting for all the tech/gadget/toy lovers out there.
    WIRED wrote:
    Nikon Crams Projector Into Compact Camera

* By Charlie Sorrel Email Author
    * August 4, 2009 |
    * 8:32 am |
    * Categories: Cameras

coolpix pj nikonRemember the odd rumor from yesterday regarding a new Nikon pocket camera with a built-in projector? It turns out that it was spot on. Today Nikon has announced the S1000pj, and along with a nice, big 2.7” screen, a 12.1 megapixel sensor, there’s a VGA projector inside.

The camera looks to be a solid picture-taker, with a top ISO setting of 6400 (at three megapixels), a 5x zoom and both optical and electronic image stabilization, but the projector is the real story here, the first that we know of in a consumer camera. It’ll throw images of up to 40-inches onto a wall up to two meters away, and comes with a remote control and stand to help. Useful for impromptu slideshows, and quite excellent for playing back movies of, say, requests for intergalactic help. $430.

Don’t say “Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, You’re my only hope.”

Product page
    http://www.europe-nikon.com/product/en_GB/products/broad/1850/overview.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Very cool little gadget! I can see this catching on with other "Bebo/Facebook cameras"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Well of course this is an absolute aberration towards photography - you wouldn't find that on me trusty kodak brownie I tells ya, but isn't it just mad great all the same.

I hope they never install one on a DSLR but oh what fun. Gadget extreme. Cool.

Imagine the fun you could have on the Charleville Castle meet up - in the dead of night (dead being the operative term).

Advertisement