Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a photo kiosk... how difficult

Options
  • 04-08-2009 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to get a photo kiosk... and have been looking at different photo kiosk providers... thanks to google.

I got a quote back for, $6500.

I found these lads... http://www.touchscreens.com/products-addon.html

and it's got me thinking, could you build one of these yourselves... I mean, order the different parts and piece it together.

I'd find it a serious struggle, but to some of the techies on here... could you pull it off?

if there is someone who could help, i'd pay, of course. or maybe you'd know where i could find someone, other techie forums etc...

bellow is what i'm after, thanks for any feedback.

A free standing photo kiosk with the following features.

1) Touchscreen, 17" or 19".

2) Accept payment in cash, coins and notes, gives change in coins. Also accepts payment in Credit Cards

3) Prints receipts

4) Prints good quality photos, the more paper capacity, the better.

5) onboard CPU

6) Customized shell

7) Custom Interactive Software

8) An outdoor version

9) WiFi, maybe...

10) Memory Card reader, needs to read the most popular digital camera memory cards, plus a usb connection, for connecting to the camera it's self.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭busbybhoy

Have you got any quotes from Irish providers? There is some good value out there:

Fujifilm K2 kiosk - About €2500
    Sony snap Lab - About €1500 (but just a glorified home printer)

IM me if you want more details

Advertisement