Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone MMS on Android

• 04-08-2009 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone managed to get MMS download working on Android? I've referred to the stickies and I'm still getting "download unsuccessful" messages.

My current settings (and I've tried different combinations):

Name: Vodafone MMS
    APN: mms.vodafone.net
    Proxy: <not set>
    Port: <not set>
    Username: dublin
    Password: dublin
    Server: mms.vodafone.net
    MMSC: http://www.vodafone.ie/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.24.59.200
    MMS port: 80
    MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 272 (this was the default)
    MNC: 01 (this was the default)
    APN Type: <not set>

Open to suggestions.... thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Does MMS work on your SIM in another handset?
    Has MMS previously worked in other phones? Is MMS setup on your account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yes, my last phone was a Windows Mobile phone, and MMS worked fine on that. I just moved to an Android phone last Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is it sending and receiving?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

im having the same problem..

i have two apn's set up; one for wap and one for mms

i have wap working fine i.e mobile internet but cant get mms working..

tried selecting the two apn's for mms and neither worked and also tried one apn with all the information fields filled in and still cant get it :mad:

there is a thread on here with people trying to get it working but iv gone through that with a fine comb and cant get mine working either..

i thought it was just a meteor thing but im guessing its the android setup?

OK got it working. I'm using the settings from my OP, and I set the "APN Type" to MMS, and now I can now download MMS messages (well I could download 1 out of 2 images).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Can you send MMS with Android (hero?). Mine wont' send and I don't know where to find a log of outgoing MMS!

Mr E wrote: »
    OK got it working. I'm using the settings from my OP, and I set the "APN Type" to MMS, and now I can now download MMS messages (well I could download 1 out of 2 images).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭romperstomper

this worked fine for me. thanks lads

Hmmm. I've tried everything and can't get this to work. Bummer. I have two Apn's - one for Vodafone ISP and the other for MMS. Is this correct?
    this worked fine for me. thanks lads

I posted some updated settings (both APNs) to the Hero thread last week.
    See if it helps (both work for me).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62018469&postcount=280

Edit: one other thing - if you're using Market Enabler on a rooted phone, changing your operator will wipe your settings (so make sure you use M.E. to back up your existing settings first)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭romperstomper

it 100% works for me. i'm pre-pay, maybe that makes a difference? if you want to pm me i'd be happy to talk you through the settings

• Advertisement

I don't think the settings are the problem - I've got it exactly as this thread and its not the first time I've set up mms.

I think there's something else not right - Do vodafone have to enable mms for me? I used mms on my last phone so I'm thinking there's nothing to enable on the voda side.
    it 100% works for me. i'm pre-pay, maybe that makes a difference? if you want to pm me i'd be happy to talk you through the settings

Did you look at the other thread, elderlemon? There are differences since my OP here.
    Click the link on my last post.

I had the same problem. They were working until I upgraded the Hero ROM, and it took me quite a while to figure out the new settings.

They are exactly as per the other thread. Even deleted mine and re-entered but no joy. Just refuses to send.

This IS doing my head in.
    Did you look at the other thread, elderlemon? There are differences since my OP here.
    Click the link on my last post.

I had the same problem. They were working until I upgraded the Hero ROM, and it took me quite a while to figure out the new settings.

I'm sure you know this, but make sure your data connection is ON and your wifi is OFF. You will not be able to send via wifi.

If that doesn't work, reboot the phone with the data on and wifi off. It'll start up that way, but everything will be loaded properly (just in case you killed something you shouldn't have).

If you have Market Enabler, make sure you see Vodafone's settings on the "actual" tab (27201/27201/ie/ie/vodafone IE/Vodafone I)

Tried that but no luck. ME gives me the right settings in "actual". Is yours a Hero with Modaco 2.73.405?

Not sure where to go from here but thanks for all the help.

I'm sure you know this, but make sure your data connection is ON and your wifi is OFF. You will not be able to send via wifi.

If that doesn't work, reboot the phone with the data on and wifi off. It'll start up that way, but everything will be loaded properly (just in case you killed something you shouldn't have).

If you have Market Enabler, make sure you see Vodafone's settings on the "actual" tab (27201/27201/ie/ie/vodafone IE/Vodafone I)

2.73.405.5 from Modaco.

Sorry... I don't know what else to suggest...

Just to be sure - I am sending an mms. Have you tried sending or just receiving?
    2.73.405.5 from Modaco.

Sorry... I don't know what else to suggest...

I sent an MMS to myself and received it a half hour later (but still received it!)

One last question - are you on bill pay or pay as you go?

Not sure if there's a difference by I am on bill pay.
    I sent an MMS to myself and received it a half hour later (but still received it!)

I'm billpay too, elderlemon.

When you try and send one yourself, does it just sit there with an hourglass, or do you get an error?

• Advertisement
Advertisement