Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German grammar book

Options
  • 04-08-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hey, can anyone recommend a good german grammar book?
    I'm mainly looking for something that focuses on prepositions (those things do my head in!!!) but anything will really do at this stage. All I have now is "intermediate German for dummies" but...yeah...it's not great :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have a link of some books that are apparently great, but as I said before, I'd just like some good recommendations...(I never realised how big that word was until now):eek:

http://german.about.com/library/weekly/aa061900b.htm

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

Jemand?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Google "Chambers German Verbs" and "Chambers German Grammar". They're very small, cheap books, and I find them great.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

Thanks man! I went & bought it yesterday, it's really good! I was expecting something that had about 500 pages, but when I saw the size of it I was a bit relieved! (more relieved when I realised it was actually helpful!;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭light123

There's only one or two really good grammar books out there for any language and for German one of them is A Practice Grammar of German by Verlag fuer Deutsch.

It's a serious grammar book and complete and you will find in the language book stores off Nassau Street or on Westland row, I don't the names of the shops though.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Ubung macht den Meister- without a shadow of a doubt!

Viel Glueck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Ubung macht den Meister- without a shadow of a doubt!

Viel Glueck!
    Oh God! Brings back bad memories :) The litte red book....It is very comprehensive as a grammar guide, you probably won't find a more comprehensive German grammar book, tbh.

Advertisement