Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung B2100 anyone?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hey people,
    i've been using nokia phones for a while now, but am tempted to buy the samsung b2100 because i work outdoors and my phone often gets wet and blocked up with dust etc.

if anyone has this phone i have a few q's, if you could help me with any that'd be great.

[q] does it come with a usb cable?(i suspect not)

[q] is the samsung pc software any good?

[q] can you use your own headphones with the headset or is it all in one piece

[q] has it got a pop3 email client (some places i've read yes, some no!)

other than that, if you have the phone is it a thumbs up or thumbs down, i expect it copes with the environment as advertised but other than that is it good to use, (user interface, buttons etc?)

thanks a lot!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have a look at the B2700 before you buy the B2100, huge difference once you turn them on, from the outside they look pretty similar but the B2700 is a lot nicer to use, better screen, 3G, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

thanks dm,
    i was looking at the 2700, seems like a nicer device alright,
    the only thing swinging me to the 2100 is that it can withstand full submersion.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

I recieved the phone today

ans:
    >no usb cable included
    >cannot change headphones on headset
    >havnt tried pc software yet (no usb)
    >has a pop3 email client

The email client has handy presets for vodafone mail, gmail and yahoomail which is nice.

whats not nice is that you cannot specify how many emails to retrieve at once, so that upon connection it attempeted to download my entire inbox:eek:
    also very frustratingly when viewing some emails the phone does not seem to word wrap! (wtf!?*)

so that email mess
    ages appear like th
    is on the screen. w
    hich is almost unfor
    givable!

so far only other complaints:

when somebody txts you a phone number you cannot save it directly into the phonebook! (as i could on nokia).

the menus dont flow as well as other brands.

you cannot set the auto keypad lock to a time of your choosing

cannot reassign softkeys (stuck with "menu" and "vodafone live")

^^Other than that the phone seems good, but dont buy it unless its for its rugged nature.!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

Looking for a sturdy phone myself as my phones always seem to be getting damaged. Is this the only option or are there any other brands out there doing something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

Have a look at the B2700 before you buy the B2100, huge difference once you turn them on, from the outside they look pretty similar but the B2700 is a lot nicer to use, better screen, 3G, etc..

I take it the 2700 is the newer one? All the shops have the 2100 :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement