Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Games Live Concert

Options
  • 04-08-2009 6:26pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭

In case anyone hasn't realised yet, Tommy Tallarico's video games live show is coming to Ireland at the national concert hall. Have my tickets booked already. Should be a great show with all your favourites.

http://www.nch.ie/Box-Office/Performances/Video-Games-Live-(1).aspx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    In case anyone hasn't realised yet, Tommy Tallarico's video games live show is coming to Ireland at the national concert hall. Have my tickets booked already. Should be a great show with all your favourites.

http://www.nch.ie/Box-Office/Performances/Video-Games-Live-(1).aspx

Is this live orchastra stuff? Sorry, just its alot of promised material. How long is the event do you know ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah it's a live concert. Not sure how long it is but I'm sure there are reviews of it and I'd say a lot of the retro stuff is in a long 10 minute medley. I've heard good things about it, Tommy is a great artist and if you aren't convinced just check out some youtube videos. If it's successful it might open the doors for Eminensce (sp?) or play as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I actually can't thank you enough for this. Been wanting to see this for feckin ages, and was recently considering going to the UK to see it, as i never really expected it to come over here. Going to book my tickets now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I've been keeping an eye out for this group or the Play! group to come here. Cheers for the heads up man. Gettin' me tickets now. Think it was this group that did an amazing version of the Last Ninja music (Probably my favourite along with Zelda)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The tickets have been available for a while now, I'm amazed it wasn't advertised more. Anyway I can't wait and was also seriously considering a trip to london to see it or play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Actually sounds cool......in a very VERY nerdy way :D

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I went to this in London last year and it was amazing so I'll definitely be going again. Apparently they have a variety of different games they play music from and they mix it around so chances are it'll be a different set this time round. I'll probably take part in the cosplay contest this time too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I may attend. I hear great things about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

INSTAbuy...hmm now ive to find someone to go with!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Very interested in this. Thanks for the headsup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

I hope to be heading to this. Thanks very much for the heads up. Looking forward to seeing plenty of Boardsies at this! :D

INSTAbuy...hmm now ive to find someone to go with!

I'm the complete opposite. Would sneak to the event in a trenchcoat and sunglasses.

Embrace the nerdiness! If you give a **** you've already failed.

Embrace the nerdiness! If you give a **** you've already failed.

+1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

im interested all right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

noodler wrote: »
    I'm the complete opposite. Would sneak to the event in a trenchcoat and sunglasses.

Who would you feel the need to hide from? I can't imagine feeling like it's something to be ashamed of. In fact I know of at least 1 non-gamer who went to it and really enjoyed it.

elekid wrote: »
    Who would you feel the need to hide from? I can't imagine feeling like it's something to be ashamed of. In fact I know of at least 1 non-gamer who went to it and really enjoyed it.

Bleedin Geek

I'm going with 4 none gamer people myself.

I'm going with 4 none gamer people myself.

Fascist!

Okay clearly I was taking the piss. Ease up people.

• Advertisement

You were being harsh. Harsh but fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Heading to this with a few mates. Looks amazing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sounds good, now to make a few mates and then ask them to go!

But when I ask them they won't want to be my mates anymore!

Dilema, Dilema...

To be honest I'd say they will enjoy it. Would the wife and kids not go?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Here is the 8 minute medley.... looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Many thanks Retr0... Just booked 5 tickets (All for boardsies I might add)!! I love videogame music, this is going to be special!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

need to get tickets for this NOW!

Games Boardsie meet up post concert?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    need to get tickets for this NOW!

Games Boardsie meet up post concert?

:D

Was thinking that myself but figured November was a bit far to arrange the meet for people not going to the concert (i.e. all meet up after).

🤪

Plus it's on a sunday ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

how about all boardsies simply wear a telltale sign at the concert so we can spot each other?

purple kneck ties :D

Advertisement