Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Games Live Concert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Jeez, this is gonna be class. I'm amazed that something like this is coming to Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

noodler wrote: »
    Bleedin Geek

I'd be offended if it wasn't true :p

Incidentally I'd recommend to anyone that's going to bring your DS or PSP along if you can, you'll be glad you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

damnit I might have to buy my replacement ds then...(my old ds phat got stolen last year and have been dragging my feet to buy one, though an incentive for a big geek out playing multiplayer is enough to get me to pick up one of those fancy ds lites...) My psp got stolen too but I have no incentive to replace it (admitable I used it only to play Metal Gear.)

can we try and turn a pub into the geekiest pub in dublin for one night...please. Everyone drinking and playing ds/psp

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Just got 8 tickets for myself and a bunch of friends, cannot wait for this! Question, are people going to be wearing fancy clothes to this, or just your casual gear?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

aack i keep forgetting to buy tix. theres 8 of us going too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

I'm going too, have been waiting for ages, need to 'see' Civilization and Advent Rising live because it sounds amazing on youtube videos. I'm a fan of classical music as well so this is a shoe in. Coming all the way from Cork.

(and I am NOT a geek, I just look really smart)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Oh. My. Freakin'. God.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I think ill be going to this concert, I would like to see a video game DJ like Yuzo Koshiro...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Oh my god that clip was deadly , I actually got chills, not heard that track in years and it actually sounds really good as a club track. (The Streets of Rage intro)

About the concert, reckon theres still tickets going? Some of my mates are going. Pity they're not playing any jesper kyd. :(

Question, are people going to be wearing fancy clothes to this, or just your casual gear?

Casual, it's not a formal event at all. I booked my tickets last weekend and there were loads left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,990 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Finally got around to buying a pair of tickets myself. There are loads left but as you can select which individual seats you want, most of the ones in the middle are gone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I saw the Music of Sci-Fi last year, and sat in the middle on the Yellow Balcony, and it was perfect. Its got great sound regardless of where you sit tbh.

Still havent bought my tickets though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Bloody hell, I leave the country for a year and VG:Live comes. Would give my eye teeth to go, was enthralled by the idea of Live Orchestral Game music since I got the Smash Bros Live CD free with a mag a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Going to book my tickets tonight.

Never been to the concert hall before, so wondering about seats.
    Im reading that the Yellow balcony has the best view, but the worst acustics, and that the main area has better sound, but the seats aren't staggered?

Anyone have a recomendation? I'm thinking maybe main stalls area, around row R (About 2/3 way back)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

By god i'm so annoyed. Just found out today that this concert is on, for the first and maybe last time in Ireland, and i've planned to go abroad for 2 months in November and December.

I've been waiting for this to come back to the UK and now it's right on my doorstep and i won't be here.

Heartbreaking... and if that makes me a geek then i'm a bloody geek!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Bit of an amzing turn of events just happened to me recently,

I asked the girlfriend if she wold go with me. She agreed, and i said that if i didnt have anyone else to go with by the end of the month (August) she would have to come with me as most of my mates aren't really that into gaming, and then i would buy the tickets at the end of the month for the two of us.

I got impatient and decided to go and buy them anyway, cause i would be going either way. So i bought two tickets on the Yellow Balcony.
    It turns out that she ended up going and buying me two tickets for my birthday in November too.

The thing is, by complete coincidence i ended up buying the seat directly beside her ones. So now, instead of trying to find one person to go with, i now have to try and find at least two friends to go with now. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I asked the girlfriend if she wold go with me. She agreed, and i said that if i didnt have anyone else to go with by the end of the month (August) she would have to come with me as most of my mates aren't really that into gaming, and then i would buy the tickets at the end of the month for the two of us.

I got impatient and decided to go and buy them anyway, cause i would be going either way. So i bought two tickets on the Yellow Balcony.
    It turns out that she ended up going and buying me two tickets for my birthday in November too.

The thing is, by complete coincidence i ended up buying the seat directly beside her ones. So now, instead of trying to find one person to go with, i now have to try and find at least two friends to go with now. Oh well.

I'll be your friend. ;)

Well, I have my ticket set safely aside! :D

All we gotta do is wait...

Even though we all know it's not going to happen, it would be fúcking amazing if Steve Vai returned for the Halo theme. Oh well...

For those who haven't seen the Kingdom Hearts medley, I must warn you... manly tears will be shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

INSTAbuy...hmm now ive to find someone to go with!

Same !!

If you were a 21-25yr old good lookin female I woulda considered takin ye :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'll be your friend.
    I'll be your friend. ;)

I can be your friend too :P
    Hello...I'm Seán...friends ?...I can haz ticketz now plex ??:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

I'm soooo looking foward to this.Asked the wife if she would like to go for a night away in Dublin and maybe go to the National Concert Hall as a treat.She was all for it until I told her it was Video Game's Live lol.Managed to convince her after I showed her the video Kinetic posted(thanks btw) .Not very familiar with Dublin though,does anyone know of a cheap and cheerful hotel close by.

I'm soooo looking foward to this.Asked the wife if she would like to go for a night away in Dublin and maybe go to the National Concert Hall as a treat.She was all for it until I told her it was Video Game's Live lol.Managed to convince her after I showed her the video Kinetic posted(thanks btw) .Not very familiar with Dublin though,does anyone know of a cheap and cheerful hotel close by.

My mum went to VGL with my brother in Glasgow last year and she loved it. In fact she drove him crazy for months after by playing the souvenir cd they bought on repeat. She especially liked the Christmas song on it (Advent Rising) :pac: Your wife might be pleasantly surprised!

Don't really know any good cheap hotels nearby, maybe try www.booking.com

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

So what area did people buy their tickets in, and why?
    I'm booking for a group of us, and none of us have had the pleasure of going to the NCH, so we're not entirely sure where to choose.
    I was thinking either the S or Q row in the stalls, any advice would be appreciated.

Guys, promise that you'll bring your DS's for a giant Pictochat session while we wait.

It's the only social setting we're ever gonna be able to get away with it in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

WORLD FAMOUS COMPOSERS VIDEO GAMES LIVE TO PLAY FOR THE 1ST TIME IN IRELAND!!! GET IN!!!

Video Games Live

29 November 2009 08:00 PM - MAIN AUDITORIUM

World Famous Video Game Composers, Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, The Lombard Philharmonia and Choir
    To include scores such as: Mario, Zelda, Halo, Final Fantasy, Warcraft, Sonic', Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Cross, Myst, Tron, Castlevania, Metroid, Medal of Honor', God of War', BioShock', Civilization IV, Tomb Raider, Harry Potter', Beyond Good & Evil', Advent Rising, EverQuest II, Monkey Island, Earthworm Jim, Pac-Man, Conan, Headhunter, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon', Rainbow Six, Jade Empire, Metroid, Contra, Guitar Hero' and a special Classic Arcade Medley featuring over 20+ games from Pong to Donkey Kong including such classics as Dragon's Lair, Tetris, Frogger, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Gauntlet, Space Invaders, Outrun and MANY MORE!
    Video Games Live is the largest and most successful video game concert in the world. An immersive concert event featuring music from the greatest video games of all time. Created by world famous video game composers Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall the concert delivers live action and unique interactive segments creating an explosive one-of-a-kind entertainment experience interactivity, stunning visuals and fun that only video games can provide. Completely synchronized cutting-edge video screen footage visuals and on-stage interactive segments dazzle audiences of all ages gamers and non-gamers alike.
    Presented by Chapter Productions

SO GOING TO THIS!!! Youtube their work it's amazing beyond belief, sounds as good as if not better than some of the original content!

Tickets e26 or e33. Well worth the night out! Anyone going?!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

This is good news.

GOOD NEWS.

Also why don't they have any Street Fighter? They have the best soundtracks.

"Inn-dee-struck-taaa-ble"

It's a misleading title ain't it ;) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Thread merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Got my ticket and am dragging the missus along :) (Actually, she does like some video game music, though I think we're both disappointed they don't seem to be playing any Jeremy Soule music such as the Elder Scrolls soundtracks).

P.

• Advertisement

Gettho_Cornetto: seen your post on Kotaku bout your ticket lol.

Where do you buy them? ticketmaster? Or d you have to buy from the NCH itself?

Advertisement