Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Games Live Concert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

If they play the HeadHunter theme, I'll lose my freaking mind. Criminally underlooked Dreamcast/PS2 game with a tantamount to epic OST.
    Xinkai wrote: »
    Gettho_Cornetto: seen your post on Kotaku bout your ticket lol.

Where do you buy them? ticketmaster? Or d you have to buy from the NCH itself?

Ha ha excellent stuff mah boi! :D

I had to buy from the NCH website, credit card needed of course!

https://tickets.nch.ie/online/mapSelect.asp?BOset::WSadmissions::admission::performance_id=ECE3809C-BD74-4299-8C11-F83A6C2B5914

Hope that link works mate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

Can anybody who has recently bought a ticket tell me how full the concert hall is getting?
    I was one of the first when I got my tickets more than a month ago. How full is it now? percentage wise?

Would be shocked if they are playing for half a hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Can anybody who has recently bought a ticket tell me how full the concert hall is getting?
    I was one of the first when I got my tickets more than a month ago. How full is it now? percentage wise?

Would be shocked if they are playing for half a hall.

Looking at the map on nch.ie, it looks 2/3s full, which is pretty good considering that (a) there's still 3 months to go and (b) it hasn't been advertised (I only heard about it because I glimpsed this thread on the main boards.ie page).

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I can't find anyone to go with. :( Everybody's either too poor, doesn't like video games enough or are just being a pile of arsewipes with their 'Maaaaaaybe I'll go!'

I need to go to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Would you consider going on your own? I could understand a level of hesitance, but the event'll be awesome.

Booked my tickets, I can't wait :D. +1 for pictochat crazyness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

TBH methinks there'll be quite a few people there on their own :)

Should be good nerdy craic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I probably will go along to it by myself if I can't get anyone else, but the company would be nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

just bought my ticket(on row e of the stalls) this morning.

only found out about it through Click magazine, the other day.

so excited to be going!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I probably will go along to it by myself if I can't get anyone else, but the company would be nice!

Join a random boards group going? Or sit down in the seat, look left: "do you like boards.ie" - failure - look right: "do you like boards.ie" - odds are you should get company :D

🤪

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bah keep forgetting to book this! Hopefully get around to it tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone got any tracks they want to hear? I'm hoping for some Hitoshi Sakimoto although I haven't seen them play any of his tracks on youtube. still fingers crossed:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Oops, forgot to post here that I'll also be going to this, sure I'd be mad not to! I'm going with a friend who's going with Trinity SciFi society, so I wonder if any Boardsies are members?
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anyone got any tracks they want to hear? I'm hoping for some Hitoshi Sakimoto although I haven't seen them play any of his tracks on youtube.
    I would love some of Hitoshi Sakimoto's work to be played. I doubt tey would perform 'No Matter The Distance' from Valkyria Chronicles, but t'would be awesome if they did. It'd be gas if they played something from Odin Sphere or Gradius V! Final Fantasy Tactics pieces or Final Fantasy XII are the most likely pieces by him I think.

I've been listening to the 'Symphonic Fantasies' concert that was on in Cologne last week, where they did the most amazing arrangement of 'Bombing Mission' from Final Fantasy VII, I'd love something like that. I won't be complaining if they play 'One-Winged Angel' though.

From what I can see on the Wikipedia entry for the music that has been performed at Video Games Live, I'd like some Chrono Trigger, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid and Tomb Raider II.

Yay nerdage! :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

One Winged Angel is pretty much a given really. I really doubt we will hear some Gradius V considering the amount of electronica in it :) I'm not too big on the FFXII soundtrack, think it is by far Hitoshi sakimotos weakest soundtrack but if they do play something from it I'd be very happy if they blasted this out:

If Eminence came to dublin we would hear the odin sphere main theme and no matter the distance for sure since it was them that performed it in game :)

Oh, and this one of course:

tbh, I would be pretty upset if Civilization or Myst is not included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Finally got my tickets, going with two other people, seats S17-19 if anybody wants to say hello, throw things or stalk. Getting excited now, it's only about two months away!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just booked two tickets (row D) so geek fest on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Hey have my tickets and all but was wondering any of you on for a boards type meetup in the nch bar before?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

AFAIK they've put up a 2nd, earlier showing (on the same day) now, so tickets shouldn't be a problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Advertisement

That's awesome, so the late show will probably be sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Bump up this since it's not too far away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Damn, only just saw the posters for this today. I'll have to try and convince one of my mates to come along - I need to hang around with more nerds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I cant wait to see this.

Doesn anybody have any advice about parking that day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

tetris_car.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Whenever i go to Dublin parnell st car-park seems central enough.

Also there is a busload of us nerds going from University of Limerick.....PICTOCHAT!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My brother and I are going to the early show on the Sunday - see ye there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Managed to somehow book a ticket for the earlier performance, even with the insanely slow NCH website acting up. Expensive, but it sounds kind of unmissable really - loved pretty much all of the FF soundtracks (and very impressed with FFXII in general but that's another story), the Metal Gear Solid series, especially Gregson-Williams' stuff and very interested to hear what they make out of the Chrono Trigger soundtrack... probably my favourite SNES RPG along with Secret of Mana too!

[edit]
    Oh it's Chrono Cross. Better tear up that ticket so! Also a good soundtrack :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yeah, in my office car park at the back of the concert hall. :)

Advertisement