Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Games Live Concert

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

My girlfriend was going to surprise me with these tickets til she found out, we both have college exams around that time. Devastated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Just about a week away... :D
    So Tetris DS? Mario Kart?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Whenever i go to Dublin parnell st car-park seems central enough.

Also there is a busload of us nerds going from University of Limerick.....PICTOCHAT!!!!!

Go on... I'm in UL, as are/were all the people I'm going with... 5 of us in total :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    My girlfriend was going to surprise me with these tickets til she found out, we both have college exams around that time. Devastated :(

I thought your exams don't start till the 7th of December??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

I thought your exams don't start till the 7th of December??

Are you in Games Soc? If not you should join its good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I am very much looking forward to this now. I eagerly await embracing my geekdom in a room full of equally geeky individuals :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Getting very excited about this. Hope everyone is bringing their DS's to nerd it up on pictochat. Fingers crossed for some Hitoshi Sakimoto.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

sh*t I knew I forgot about something...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

What you forgetting? the ds, Have to remind the other half to bring it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I so want to go, but too many work Christmas parties coming up, I can't negotiate time off for this one, ahhhh!
    Maybe the next time they come here,
    when, no doubt, the theme for Modern Warfare 2 will be a classic tune!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope they play the Chrono Medley that they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ken and Fei Long SSF2Turbo stages.

This sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

[email]CU@.......concer[/email]t

🤪

Nearly time!

Plays some symphony of the night at the end but no bloody tears :(

The megaman medley has some Wiley stage from megaman 2 in it. Best 8-bit song ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,990 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »

If they do I may shed a manly tear.

Not sure whether to bring my DS or camera now. Camera is a bit big to bring both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Are the tickets sold out for the 8 show? :s

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Are the tickets sold out for the 8 show? :s
    No, they have singles in a few odd spots. I have 2 spare actually (asking around though).... due to my friends (the group) apartment flooding in UCC (they're somewhere moving tomorrow), if you're interested.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm a little torn as to what i want to hear. On one hand, i want loads of stuff from Zelda, Mario, Halo and the more well known soundtracks, but also want a good amount of the lesser known ones like Valkyria Chronicles, Shadow of the Colossus, and Warcraft.

Holy crap i can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I can't wait, I think half the fun is in the anticipation of what they'll play. Sakimoto and Otani ftw!

Better go charge my DS for pictochat. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Indeed, better plug in the DS now.

I look forward to wondering if the person sitting beside/next to/behind/above me is a boardsie, but being too stubborn to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I look forward to wondering if the person sitting beside/next to/behind/above me is a boardsie, but being too stubborn to ask.

I reckon I'll be wearing my Gauntlet t-shirt anyway. :)

P

oceanclub wrote: »
    I reckon I'll be wearing my Gauntlet t-shirt anyway. :)

P

I'm thinking my Zelda one, because my Persona one is in the wash :pac:
    Also: tomorrow may be the only time I can say that and not get punched in the face by someone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Okay then I guess I'll wear my LittleBigPlanet t-shirt. :pac:

Oh and I guess it makes sense for us to change our DS nicknames to our Boards user names... now I'm wondering if this is the only time in the life of my DS when Pictochat will actually get some use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Gonna wear my Zelda T-Shirt with PWNAGE on it lol.

Starting a NEW JERB 2mo, and working 2pm-8pm... yeah... only on henry street so i'll miss 1-2 songs...

GothPunk wrote: »
    Oh and I guess it makes sense for us to change our DS nicknames to our Boards user names... now I'm wondering if this is the only time in the life of my DS when Pictochat will actually get some use.

I'd imagine so - I've never used the thing since launch day back whenever the hell that was! (I'll also be distinguishable by my DS - it'll probably be the only DS phat decorated with Taiko no Tatsujin stickers :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'll be at the early show in my street fighter t shirt. Oh, i'm excited about this sh*t. Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,990 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

(I'll also be distinguishable by my DS - it'll probably be the only DS phat decorated with Taiko no Tatsujin stickers :D)

Sweet! I want! mine has guitar hero flames. So I can pretend I'm burnin' up the ds while rocking out. OOooh yeah.

I'll be there with a Sega jacket and a crutch. Won't be hard to miss :pac:

Girlfriends DS is charged. Now time to do mine!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ill be there too, wearing mainly clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Wearing Castle Crashers shirt :D Leaving shortly (for some reason out of my control!). Bringing someone else's DS in anticipation of this 'Pictochat'.....

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

o1s1n wrote: »
    If they do I may shed a manly tear.

Not sure whether to bring my DS or camera now. Camera is a bit big to bring both.
    NCH doesn't allow photography at all, which is a pity. I wanted to bring my camera even to take a few pics beforehand but not 100% sure if I'll be let into the concert with it.

Holy crap its this evening! :pac:

Advertisement