Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Games Live Concert

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I just bought Twilight Princess on my lunch break because I've never played it (save for about 5 minutes, when it first came out). Seeing it in the Zelda montage hit home my stupidity for not playing it!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vegeta wrote: »
    Also got similar urges but for the 3D Castlevania game.

I don't even know it's name but it looked class. I played one of 2D ones on the NES I think as a kid but never followed the series

Sorry I didn't as it looked really good.

Don't waste your time on the 3D ones, they aren't that good. Go straight for the 2D goodness. You can get Symphony of the Night from XBLA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I just bought Twilight Princess on my lunch break because I've never played it (save for about 5 minutes, when it first came out). Seeing it in the Zelda montage hit home my stupidity for not playing it!!

Could have lent you mine dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Could have lent you mine dude

True! Ah, I like owning these things anyway, and it was only €20! Actually, 18.99... Go ziggy :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,473 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don't even know it's name but it looked class. I played one of 2D ones on the NES I think as a kid but never followed the series

Yeah I've never played them either and the bits where it looked like SotN 3d (with the flying bibles and hit points) looked promising, but I've heard naught but bad things so I think I'll just pick up another 2D one instead (always meant to play the DS ones) and wait for the Kojima involved one that's coming out. Metroid managed to change dimensions, I hope Castlevania does too.

Listening to the CD now and enjoying it - some nice surprises in there like the Medal of Honour suite (bad games, pretty good music).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well the N64 castlevanias aren't so good and Curse of Darkness is very repetitive and low budget.

However Castlevania Lament of Innocence (just castlevania over here) on the PS2 is worth playing even if it doesn't live up to the old games. The soundtrack is stunning. It's by the same composer as symphony of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I've been thinking about how much I need to finish that, Phantom Hourglass and Mario Galaxy since the concert. Poor neglected Wii...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

To the guy in the yellow balcony, row A, seat 10.
    Thanks for giving me ****ing tinnitus with your obnoxiously loud clapping and incessant, banal yammering.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

yeah for anyone that was at the 3.30 show the guy yalling and bawling near the front was sitting behind me. he would go mental if they changed key in the song. wouldnt shut his fat head

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

To the guy in the yellow balcony, row A, seat 10.

hmm I'm trying to remember if I was B or A...

was this at the 830 or 330 show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Same here. After the show i got my hands on Dawn of Sorrow on ds. Really enjoying it. Trying to remember why i havent played a castlevania since the original gameboy. Incidentally that game had excellent music too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    hmm I'm trying to remember if I was B or A...

was this at the 830 or 330 show?

3:30pm, A was the very front row in the balcony.
    Unless you're a complete twat, I don't think it was you.

But if you are... *shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

damn i had no idea this was on, would have loved to have gone:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ickle_pwincess

I was there.... The place was full of videogame nerds...

Like yourself :P

You're just annoyed you didn't bring your DS like all the cool kids.

Eh, I don't have one, its my Mam's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

I was there.... The place was full of videogame nerds...
    No way! How could anyone have expected such a thing at a video games music concert? Why it's simply unfathomable. :eek:

You're still a total nerd. Only a nerd would know all the mario games in the montage and be getting excited about them :P

It was the sonic games, sapface.
    At least I was cool enough to not know most of the other games.

zynaps wrote: »
    No way! How could anyone have expected such a thing at a video games music concert? Why it's simply unfathomable. :eek:

I KNOW!!! Tell me about it!
    And I thought they were all afraid to come out of their bedrooms!

..... it was a joke, kiddo.

• Advertisement

A sonic fan, should have known. The worst kind. No taste. You're officially BFF dumped.

You can't dump your BFF!!! ... DON'T YOU REMEMBER WHAT THE SECOND "F" MEANS RETR0!!!!!!!!??? THAT'S RIGHT.. FOREVER!! MWAHHAHAHAHA!

Weird you calling me retro :/ It's getting contagious. I suppose I can't get rid of you. Still have to get you a christmas pressie as well.

I want a puppy.

(seriously tho.. you dont.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

TAKE IT TO PMSMSMSMSMSMSMSMSM?!?!?!?!?!?

Jim wrote: »
    TAKE IT TO PMSMSMSMSMSMSMSMSM?!?!?!?!?!?

Make me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Vote 4 Kick/Bann !

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Vote 4 Kick/Bann !

be nice...

:(

Advertisement