Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone, can't decide.

• 04-08-2009 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm buying a new phone and have decided to go with a touchscreen. I'll be buying it sim free. The most important things to me are a good camera, fast wifi surfing and fast menu scrolling. The iphone 3gs costs more than i am willing to spend. I have narrowed it down to the following 4 phones.

Samsung Jet
    LG Arena
    LG Viewty Smart
    HTC Touch HD.

Does anyone have any experience of these phones? Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

touch screen is overrated srsly, you should try something that has a proper keyboard its so much better

and what about getting a 2G iPhone unlocked, they only about 200e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭sunshinediver

Thanks for the reply, i've considered a 2G i phone however i really don't like the camera quality, I would be a heavy user of the camera so a good one is a must.

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Not sure about the camera but the HTC hero ticks all the (other ) boxes. Superb phone.

Hi all,

I'm buying a new phone and have decided to go with a touchscreen. I'll be buying it sim free. The most important things to me are a good camera, fast wifi surfing and fast menu scrolling. The iphone 3gs costs more than i am willing to spend. I have narrowed it down to the following 4 phones.

Samsung Jet
    LG Arena
    LG Viewty Smart
    HTC Touch HD.

Does anyone have any experience of these phones? Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Im in the same position myself but with GPS too. The HTC Hero does look good but, much like you with the iPhone, its priced at more than i'm willing to pay.

Im leaning toward the Samsung Jet as most of the reviews ive read have been good.

Advertisement