Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New L4D DLC On Its Way

Options
  • 04-08-2009 6:35pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭

"Crash Course" is coming this September.

As announced by Valve:
    MORE LEFT 4 DEAD DLC ANNOUNCED

Crash Course Campaign Due in September

August 4, 2009 - Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the next major downloadable content (DLC) update for its co-operative zombie thriller, Left 4 Dead (L4D), the #1 new game title on Xbox 360 and PC in 2008

Entitled "Crash Course," the latest DLC delivers new single-player, multiplayer and co-operative gameplay to both platforms. Targeted for release in September, "Crash Course" bridges the gap between the end of the "No Mercy" campaign and the beginning of "Death Toll" in the original game, expanding the game universe with new locations, new dialogue from the original cast, and an explosive finale.

While containing both Survival maps and a Co-operative Campaign, the primary goal of "Crash" is to deliver a complete Versus mode experience in just 30 minutes, resulting in a streamlined version of the game's existing Versus campaigns. A recharge timer for infected teammates has also been added, and item spawn behavior has changed for more balanced gameplay.
    "Since the release of Left 4 Dead last November, the design team has been excited about creating new experiences for this world and allowing players to do the same, by releasing much of our internal toolset, like the Survival Pack and Authoring Tools," said Gabe Newell. "We're working with the fans toward the ongoing entertainment value of the product."

Left 4 Dead is an action horror game from Valve that blends the social entertainment experience of multiplayer games such as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress with the dramatic, narrative experience made popular in single player action game classics such as the Half-Life series of games. Released in November of 2008, L4D has earned over 50 industry awards from outlets around the world and sold almost 3 million copies worldwide.

Left 4 Dead: Crash Course is targeted for release in September and will be available free of charge on the PC and for 560 Gamer points on Xbox Live.
    For more information, please visit www.l4d.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

No 4v4 matchmaking == fail

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Also, free on PC = good. Charging on XBox = errrrr.

They announce this now. After the uproar with L4D2. I dunno...Should have been free to both.

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Also, free on PC = good. Charging on XBox = errrrr.

They announce this now. After the uproar with L4D2. I dunno...Should have been free to both.
    The xbox is probably half the reason l4d2 came to exist; let them pay :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Didn't they say before that Microsoft won't let them release stuff like this for free on XBL?

Also, that looks like a new weapon in the poster!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Stephen wrote: »
    Didn't they say before that Microsoft won't let them release stuff like this for free on XBL?

Indeed, that and MS have strict policies when it comes to releasing additional content on DLC. Size limits and testing requirements and all that jazz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Seems Eurogamer has given us the best comment possible for this new DLC-
    buahahahahah one campaign for 560msp? maximum of 1 hour of gameplay? thats the support!!!! **** yeah!!!!

200msp is a right price, if you ask me

You heard it here folks, you can only play a L4D campaign once :rolleyes:

So how long until the L4D2 petition whingers see this as a victory and ask for new characters in L4D1???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭booyah1024

meh where's my half-life 2 episode 3 tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

booyah1024 wrote: »
    meh where's my half-life 2 episode 3 tbh.

Waiting for some info myself too . . . :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I am kinda disappointed after reading that. 30 minutes? Youd think theyd at least do 3 of these to bridge all of the campaigns.

isnt there already a respawn timer?

It's not a respawn timer, it's a recharge timer. So you will be able to see how long until your boomer/smoker team mate can boom/pull again. A minor feature that I've no idea why they're highlighting.
    There's a preview up on Destructoid. I only skimmed it but it reads like they're kissing ass in return for getting the exclusive.

There's a thread over on the steam forums where a user has been in PM contact with Chet (valve l4d guy), where he mentions such things as 4v4 and apparently the other bridges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement